Epson Device Admin Increases Efficiency for Customers Managing Fleets of Epson Printers
LOS ALAMITOS, Calif. – In manufacturing and distribution environments, ensuring a label printer fleet is operating efficiently is mission critical. Understanding the need for solutions that streamline setup and provide insight into label printing device functions, Epson America today announced Epson Device Admin availability for its ColorWorks® C6000-Series on-demand color label printers. This free device management solution is designed to help customers streamline setup, configuration and management – including monitoring and updating capabilities – for Epson networked label printers.
“Traditionally, the process to onboard and manage label printers would be both time-consuming and costly – resources that IT teams do not have an abundance of,” said Andy Scherz, product manager, Epson America, Inc. “Epson developed Epson Device Admin for the ColorWorks C6000-Series to enable customers to reduce IT time and cost deploying new label printers. It also allows for remote printer management and automatic alerts and updates to keep downtime at a minimum.”
Available for the full ColorWorks C6000-Series line, including the CW-C6000A, CW-C6000P, CW-C6500A and CW-C6500P, Epson Device Admin allows businesses to remotely manage networked label printers in a distributed environment. Features include:
- Mass configuration capabilities to deploy the settings of one “golden” printer to all others within a group
- Create and update groups of printers by factors such as department or geographical location
- Automatic email or text alerts for low-ink levels, error messages or other conditions
- Automatic firmware updates using user-defined time windows, so print operations are not interrupted
- Detailed monitoring of all label printers on the network, allowing administrators to remotely identify and troubleshoot device conditions to keep productivity high and downtime at a low
- Generate reports on usage of devices and consumables to facilitate better management and tracking.
The ColorWorks C6000-Series are the first printers specifically designed as a color upgrade to black-and-white thermal transfer printers.1 Four models deliver high-volume color labels for production use, speeding through labels at up to 5-inches per second.2 The Epson ColorWorks C6000-Series printers are available through Epson’s vast network of authorized partners.
To view a short, animated video illustrating the features of Epson Device Admin, click here. For more information, visit Epson’s website. To download and install Epson Device Admin for CW-C6000A, CW-C6000P, CW-C6500A or CW-C6500P, click here.