Epson Proprietary Digital Varnish Technology on Display at In-Person Event
Los Alamitos, Calif. – Epson today announced it will be showcasing its leading SurePress® L-6534VW UV digital label press at Label Congress 2021 from Sept. 29-30 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Chicago. Label Congress 2021 is a new event from the Labelexpo team and has been specifically tailored to the current climate and will give a much-needed chance for the industry to meet in person. Epson will showcase its leading label solution, including its proprietary Epson clear digital varnish ink, in booth #37.
Digital varnish is easily controlled in the artwork and can be applied over white and CMYK inks during a single pass through the press to create distinct visual and tactile finishes and simulated metallic foiling. This allows businesses to highlight important parts of a label, like sophisticated graphics, logos and brand names. Digital varnish is laid down at the time of the label printing and does not require a separate machine. In addition, it is standard, reliable and treated simply as another ink layer in the workflow.
“Label Congress is a great opportunity for the label community to reengage in person after a difficult year – we’ve missed seeing our friends, colleagues and customers, and have a lot to talk about since the last Labelexpo in Chicago in 2018,” said Victor Gomez, director, Industrial Labels, Epson America, Inc. “This show provides an excellent opportunity to showcase our leading label press technology as the SurePress line continues to evolve to meet market needs. We’re looking forward to showing attendees the options, productivity and other ways SurePress can help converters take advantage of a rapidly changing market for short and medium run labels.”
The Epson SurePress L-6534VW UV digital label press offers innovative technology and advanced features to label converters and commercial printers, including:
- Productivity – The PrecisionCore® linehead, center drum system, is a space-saving, compact design integrating all the functions required for production, such as Corona treatment, White ink, digital varnish, web cleaner, ionizer, and an additional UV curing unit, all standard.
- Reliability – Automated software and hardware enables commercial production up to 1.93 million square feet per month.
- Ease of Use – Features robotics that provide precise control of mechanical and electronic components.
For additional information about Epson’s SurePress digital label press, visit www.epson.com/surepress. For inquiries in North America, or to set up a remote live demo, contact:
- Western Region – Mark Elsbernd, 818-620-2730 or [email protected]
- Central Region – Bob Ochalla, 630-710-6005 or [email protected]
- Eastern Region and Canada – Frank Connelly, 615-585-9058 or [email protected]