Herndon, Va. – Each year, the Institute of Packaging Professionals (IoPP) awards over $10,000 in scholarships to students studying packaging or a related field. IoPP is proud to announce the recipients of our 2021 Scholarship opportunities. Chosen from a pool of qualified applicants are this year’s IoPP scholarship winners:
- Grace Ellis, a packaging student at Michigan State University (class of 2022) has been awarded the PepsiCo R&D Scholarship worth $5,000.
- Anna Kent, a packaging student at University of Wisconsin – Stout (class of 2023), has been awarded one of the $2,500 IoPP Packaging Education Scholarships.
- Seohee Jang, a packaging engineer technician student at Conestoga College (class of 2021), has been awarded one of the $2,500 IoPP Packaging Education Scholarships.
- Wallace Layman, a dual degree student studying Paper Science and Engineering and Chemical Engineering at North Carolina State University (class of 2023), has been awarded the $1,000 IoPP Packaging Education Scholarship, sponsored by IoPP’s Central Ohio Chapter.
- Haliah Offutt, a graphic communications major at Illinois State University (class of 2022), has been awarded the $500 IoPP Packaging Education Scholarship, sponsored by IoPP’s New England Chapter.
“Now more than ever it is important to invest in the future of the packaging industry,” says Jane Chase, executive director, IoPP. “Not only will this year’s scholarship rewards aid these deserving students in their studies, our scholarship programs also provides them with heightened visibility within the industry, ensuring strong candidates for the future packaging workforce.”
More information about this year’s scholarship winners can be found online. Special thanks to the judges who volunteered their time to select the winners of these prestigious scholarships:
Ali Ali – Siemens
Andy Busteed – 3M
Doug Compton, CPP – Owens Corning
Matt Culver, CPP – Target Corp.
Suzanne Fenton, CPPL, Fellow – Spartech
Susan Gruskin, CPP – PepsiCo
Molly Lynn, CPP – Russell Stover Chocolates
Rebecca Oesterle, CPPL, Fellow – IoPP Board Chair
Jo Ann Ratto – U.S. Army DEVCOM Soldier Center
Amy Schupbach, CPPL – Fresenius Kabi
Amy Stewart - Printpack
Those interested in applying for an IoPP Scholarship opportunity in 2022 can find an application and more information online now. Learn more about IoPP by visiting www.iopp.org.