Pittsburgh, Pa. – The Print and Graphics Scholarship Foundation (PGSF) is pleased to announce its annual promotional t-shirt design competition. High school and college students are invited to submit entries by April 10, 2021. The t-shirt design will be used to promote PGSF scholarship opportunities and highlight how graphic communications fit into today’s world. The winning entrant will receive a $500 check, an award certificate, and will be recognized in PGSF’s promotional materials.
Schools are encouraged to offer the design competition as a real-world working assignment. Abigail Carter of Mattoon High School won the 2020 design contest thanks to graphic arts teacher Laura Roberts who offered the design project as a school assignment. Roberts recognizes the importance for students to participate in real-world design competitions.
“It is important that we educate students on various vocational trades that are in high demand. Many high schools no longer offer vocational classes. I am happy to educate and inspire graphic communications to our high school students giving them a viable career path in higher education. 2020 has definitely demonstrated the flexibility and possibilities creating endless opportunities for students in this ever-changing field,” comments Roberts.
“We encourage educators to incorporate the PGSF t-shirt design contest as part of their yearly curriculum. It’s a great way to reinforce the value of careers in the graphic communications industry, while providing an opportunity for students to challenge themselves in a national contest,” comments Jules Van Sant, Chair, PGSF.
Design entries must include the following:
- Prominently display Print and Graphics Scholarship Foundation name and logo in the right or left hand corner. Download PGSF logos here.
- Design theme options (Pick one and showcase):
- Graphic Communications in Today’s World
- Career Opportunities in Graphics & Print
- Apply for Scholarships in Graphic Communication
- Bright and highly visible colors are great!
- Final artwork:
- Files should be high res jpg, png, tif or psd (front side only)
- Maximum / optimal area to fill for printing on t-shirt is 13×18” max
Rules and Submission Instructions:
- Submit entries as a pdf HERE.
- Files should be named as follows: Firstname_Lastname_Schoolname_2021
- Include entrant’s school name and name of creative designer or names of team members.
- The winner of the contest must submit all files required for reproduction. File becomes property of PGSF.
- T-shirts will be produced and printed on the show floor at Printing United.
- Entries are due by April 10, 2021. Judging will be in May and the winner will be notified by May 31.
Visit PGSF.org/t-shirt-design-contest for more information. For questions or assistance, contact [email protected].