Milford, Ohio – TLMI announces that the association has become a signatory of the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources Green Tier Charter Program. The Green Tier Charter is for superior environmental performance within the printing industry and is a collective that includes the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, Specialty Graphics Imaging Association (SGIA), Great Lakes Graphics Association, Flexographic Technical Association (FTA), and TLMI. Participating entities believe that implementing the Green Tier law with printing operations through the Charter will produce environmental results beyond what is likely under existing regulatory programs.
The association signatories have established goals and commitments for the Charter collaboratively with the Department of Natural Resources and together the parties will identify key issues and work together to address those issues. Goals of the Charter include:
· To inspire beyond-compliance environmental performance by the printing industry in an economically feasible manner
· To explore alternative approaches to address environmental performance that extend beyond regulatory requirements
· To identify opportunities for improving regulatory efficiency
· To encourage participation under the Green Tier program and the Sustainable Green Printing Partnership (SGP)
· To improve relationships among all parties
TLMI VP of Sustainability, Rosalyn Bandy, comments, “Being recognized by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources as an additional signatory of the Green Tier Charter is a real milestone for TLMI. Our association, via its members, is a significant contributor to the sustainable supply chain and we support our Wisconsin-based members who are currently participating in the voluntary Green Tier program.”