Bohemia, N.Y. – FTA has announced the session details for Virtual Fall Conference 2020, its fully online, three-day technical conference themed “Collaboration Achieves Perfect Vision.”
Through six sessions and more than 20 technical presentations, speakers will explore how design, prepress best practices, color management, plates and pressroom technologies come together to deliver the perfect package. Sessions are scheduled for October 5-7.
“Package printing is an essential business. Now, more than ever, brands are relying on their print partners to meet a surging demand for products that are indispensable to everyday life. And printers are turning to the members of their supply chain for assistance, guidance and support,” said Conference Chair Paul Lancelle of Miraclon Corp. “Virtual Fall Conference 2020’s technical content will focus on collaboration between everyone involved—brands, printers and suppliers—to deliver high-quality print, meet extreme demand and prepare for the future.”
The sessions and their descriptions are:
- Evaluation, Optimization, Control: The Complete Plate Making Package: Building an approach to adopt ever-changing plating technologies when transitioning legacy files, while maintaining process control
- Moving Through Reality with Virtual Help: Shining a spotlight on people and companies who are successfully conducting business despite the obstacles presented by COVID-19
- File Preparation for Successful Print Production: Prepress techniques to match flexography and digital, and an examination of print samples made with both technologies
- Color Management: The Methods & the Madness: Dissecting color experts’ recommendations on how to meet brand owner color expectations and evaluating tools used in today’s color managed flexographic workflow
- Print Quality Scoring: Friend or Foe?: An inside look at print quality scoring from a brand that requires it, agencies who monitor it, and printers who control it
- Promoting Success at the Intersection of Technology & Emotion: How Haney bridges the gap between the aesthetic and technical components of package development, and how sustainability adds an emotional element with invisible benefits
Delivered through FTA’s Virtual Conference Center, presentations are fully interactive: Attendees can participate in live polls, ask questions for end-of-session Q&As, and interact with speakers before and after the event.
Virtual Fall Conference 2020 registration includes access to all six session, plus a 10-day Virtual Exhibit, where companies will conduct one-on-one video conferences, and live product and equipment demonstrations. Visit www.flexography.org/fall2020 to learn more. Register by September 28 to receive print samples, a loupe and other conference resources.