Bohemia, N.Y. – FTA has announced the release of a collection of booklets, each comprising topics essential to a specific area of the flexographic printing process.
The booklets’ content comes from Flexography: Principles & Practices 6.0, the sixth edition of FTA’s storied technical resource manual initially introduced in 1962. Flexographers in need of comprehensive but precise information on a particular topic will find the booklets’ brevity and focus invaluable.
“We all need to know something about flexography—how an image carrier works, the mechanics of a press, color formulation—but many of us don’t need to know everything,” said Joe Tuccitto, FTA’s director of education. “The purpose of the Flexography: Principles & Practices Booklets is to enable industry members to concentrate on only the skills they need to grow, and provide an even more affordable way to do that.”
The six-entry series includes:
- All About Color, covering an introduction to color fundamentals, process color and FIRST Methodology for process color (78 pages, $19.99 for FTA members)
- Encountering Flexography, covering an introduction to flexography, flexographic market segments, the flexographic revolution and the flexographic printing press (44 pages, $9.99 for FTA members)
- Image Carrier & Components, covering the image carrier, plate making, mounting principles and mounting practices (80 pages, $19.99 for FTA members)
- Ink & Ink Formulation, covering ink, color formulation, ink metering and ink in the pressroom (78 pages, $19.99 for FTA members)
- Press Mechanics, covering press mechanics and drive systems, web handling, and web treatment and processing (78 pages, $19.99 for FTA members)
- Print Quality, covering print quality assurance, quality assurance and web inspection systems (44 pages, $9.99 for FTA members)
The Flexography: Principles & Practices Booklets are available now; FTA members save 50 percent on each entry. For more information about Flexography: Principles & Practices, visit www.flexography.org/fpp.