A white paper released today consolidates everything beverage manufacturers need to know to drive product, case and pallet coding efficiency and minimize waste while protecting and promoting their brands in a low risk, cost effective manner.
The beverage industry continues to grow worldwide, with opportunities driven by new drink formats and changing consumer preferences. To make the most of this, companies must solve the challenges presented by the need to sustainably code diverse containers and packaging materials, often at high speeds. Picking the right technology for each application is vital to minimize production and marketplace headaches.
‘ Optimizing beverage coding at all packaging levels ’ provides a complete guide to coding in this sector, looking at all the many issues faced and how they can be solved. Readers will learn how to avoid coding-related causes of product rework and rejection while maximizing throughput and profitability in both straightforward situations as well as more complex promotional coding. They will also see how to enhance traceability and enable digitally connected supply chains by ensuring code accuracy and quality.
In particular, the white paper offers a summary of current market trends and the opportunities and difficulties they produce. It explores the particularly challenging industrial environment, examining factors such as container variety, stock keeping unit complexity, high speed production, and returnable containers.
Other chapters are devoted to regulatory issues, traceability, productivity and top-line growth, including sections on late stage customization as well as suggestions for tackling product diversion and counterfeiting. Tips for facilitating fully automated ‘dark factories’ are also presented.
Case studies from leading manufacturers are used to illustrate the various topics. These include:
- Spumador : Achieving greener production, better uptime and lower consumables costs for this Italian soft drinks producer
- Kingsland Wines and Spirits : Reducing line stoppages by 25%
- Heineken France : Meeting challenging production conditions: container variety, humid conditions, complex codes
- Sanpellegrino : Hassle-free coding via a single fully integrated solution for all its diverse packaging, with full servicing and traceability software included
- Gruppo Sada : Printing over 1 million unique codes without costly customized solutions and no mistakes for a Birra Peroni contest
- Exhibit A : Customized messaging on the fly to mark events for this craft brewer
A comprehensive range of coding technologies are discussed and defined throughout the guide.
To download the white paper, please visit: https://www.markem-imaje.com/beverage-coding-white-paper