ChromaLT, the ultimate companion software for your press-side spectrophotometer, simplifies spot color matching and job reporting in the pressroom
Danvers, Mass. – TECHKON – the innovation leader in high-precision color measurement solutions for packaging and commercial printers – announces today the release of a new software version of it’s popular ChromaLT color quality solution. Similar to Techkon’s ChromaQA enterprise color quality solution, ChromaLT is more focused for small and mid-sized packaging printers who are looking for a more affordable solution that is easy to deploy in the pressroom and provides a focused feature set that enables press operators to get up to color faster and stay on color throughout the press run.
ChromaLT is designed to improve print process efficiencies by removing the color matching guesswork, cutting make-ready times, and ultimately increasing profitability. ChromaLT provides press operators color matching feedback that is easy to understand, actionable, and with clear Pass/Fail indications. Operators are easily guided on how to obtain a match with either specific ink density adjustments or by toning the ink when density adjustments alone cannot get you there. When the job is done, measurements are saved and a report can be generated for the quality department or the end customer to show that colors were printed in tolerances and the job was a success.
“Pressroom color QC solutions are becoming increasingly popular with packaging printers who are being held to tighter and tighter color matching tolerances by brand customers” said Stephen Rankin, Director of Product Management at Techkon. “However, ChromaLT is different because it offers dedicated color QC tools for both the pressroom as well as the ink department. This ensures that ink mixed in-house or by an outside vender is color accurate before it even makes its’ way into the pressroom. Together, the QC tools of ChromaLT can help ink technicians and press operators work more effieciently and ultimately achieve a higher level of color accuracy and consistency in their printed products.”
The new, updated, version of ChromaLT includes the following key features:
- New “easy set” workflow that allows press operators to simply choose the color names in the job, begin measuring, and see results
- Now accommodates up to 12 colors per job
- New “Summary” dashboard provides press operators increased visability of measurement results and recommended, corrective, actions
- Complete ink management module with comprehensive QC capabilities for the verification of new inhouse ink recipes or for incoming inspection of ink shipments from outside vendors
- Support for wireless connections of SpectroDens instrument via optional WiFi card which eliminates the restrictions of cabled connections to the PC
- Improved color difference graphs that are easier for ink technicians and press operators to interpret resulting in quicker corrective actions
ChromaLT is yet another example of Techkon’s commitment to innovation and product development in the printing and packaging industries and fits well within their suite of color measurement solutions for the pressroom.
For more information, please visit https://www.techkonusa.com/products-2/ChromaLT-simplified-spot-color-matching-reporting/ or call us at 978-777-1854.