EFI Partners Showcase Fiery System 5 Software at ON DEMAND
Press release from the issuing company
Powerful New Software Serves Graphic Arts Professionals
NEW YORK--April 23, 2002--Electronics For Imaging, the world leader in software and hardware imaging solutions for networked printing, announced the availability of its powerful new Fiery System 5 software, extending EFI's focus into the high-end graphic arts arena. Fiery System 5 delivers cutting-edge color management and job processing capabilities such as variable data printing (VDP) to EFI's industry-leading Fiery Z5 and Z18 color servers. EFI's OEM partners are showcasing Fiery System 5 at the ON DEMAND show in New York this week.
"Fiery System 5 is a powerhouse of capabilities, featuring the best of EFI's industry-leading technologies in color, workflow and job management," said Guy Gecht, CEO, Electronics For Imaging. "Combined with our high performance Fiery servers, Fiery System 5 provides our customers with a comprehensive, state-of-the-art printing solution."
The feature-rich Fiery System 5 software includes the latest versions of EFI's Fiery ColorWise, NetWise, Fiery Scan, and Fiery WebTools and ColorCal, EFI's newest calibration solution that uses the copier's scanner as its measuring device. Fiery System 5 supports applications such as the new Command WorkStation software, with an updated user interface that makes it even easier for end-users to monitor and manage print jobs in a complex printing environment. A new version of DocBuilder Pro is also supported, offering increased page layout accuracy, document editing, and mixed page support.
EFI's new Fiery Graphic Arts Package is optional with Fiery System 5 software. The GA Package addresses the specific requirements of graphic arts professionals. Coupled with Fiery System 5, the GA package allows graphic arts professionals to take full advantage of all the capabilities of the Fiery Z5 and Z18 servers.
Key Features of the Fiery Graphic Arts Package
* Halftone screening capabilities allow users to print in halftone mode to simulate the final screened result that will be imaged on films or plates for offset printing, as well asdefine custom screening functions to be applied to their print jobs.
* Support for TIFF/IT and DCS 2.0 files through the TIFF/IT import filter allows users to easily combine proprietary and standard Adobe PostScript/PDF workflows.
* Hot Folders automate the printing process for multiple jobs, enhancing workflow activities such as job ticketing and imposition.
* Soft Proofing provides more accurate on-screen previews of page layouts and finishing options with increased color accuracy in final print jobs.
* Auto-Trapping automatically compensates for mis-registration of documents.
* Spot-On color technology allows users to edit and define custom spot colors.
* Unlimited Plate Separation capabilities allow users to combine multiple-plate separations regardless of the number of CMYK or spot color plates.
* Paper Simulation allows users to simulate the source color of paper stock and the effect on the final job for more accurate proofing.
Popular variable data printing applications such as Pageflex Persona -- Fiery version, and Atlas PrintShop Mail -- Fiery version are also optional with Fiery System 5. These applications offer a flexible and robust way for companies to deliver highly personalized communications to their customers. Fiery System 5 is also compatible with PPML (Personalized Print Markup Language), the emerging industry standard language, offering optimized performance for demanding variable data print jobs.
Demonstrations of Fiery System 5 can be seen in the Xerox (#803) and Canon (#835) booths at ON DEMAND. The ON DEMAND show is running now through April 25 at the Javits Convention Center in New York.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.