Unisource/WhatTheyThink Digital Print Survey Results Released
By Adam Dewitz
Published: April 4, 2014
Last year Unisource approached WhatTheyThink to collaborate on a survey of digital printers to identify quality concerns and production challenges faced by owners of toner-based digital printing equipment.
The response was great with 336 WhatTheyThink members completing the survey (Thanks to our members who took the time to share their thoughts).
Key findings include:
- Owners are generally happy with their digital printing equipment
- Most believe that toner-based digital has a quality of output that is less than offset in some way.
- In addition to short runs and versioning, fast turnaround was cited a major reason for investment.
- Color consistency, reproducing gradients, solids, and custom colors, and other issues are still a major challenge.
- Custom colors cited many times in survey as concern and challenge, as are matching PMS or special logo colors.
- Some respondents are not satisfied with the level of customer support and repair from their vendors.
Unisource is making the survey data, plus commentary on the results by Dr. Joe available for free to everyone. You can download the report and audio over at the Unisource Digital site.