At drupa 2016, manroland web systems presents the new newspaper press: the GEOMAN e:line. Therewith the company again proofs its trust in the printed newspaper. manroland web systems does not claim “One fits all“ as the company offers a wide portfolio of newspaper presses for which is always applicable: where there is a customer need, there will be tailor-made solutions; not only for different performance classes, but also up to complete digital newspaper productions.
The principles of the COLORMAN e:line are now also used for the more compact GEOMAN e:line: the press is adapted to individual requirements and the economic situation of the newspaper printer with different configuration packages. Thanks to numerous options it can also be upgraded step by step and modular later.
Profitability and Highest Performance
The new GEOMAN e:line press has been developed with focus on efficiency and offers short changeover times and efficient Inline control Systems for the automated control of quality and continuous production. Therewith it is the ideal press for medium-sized newspaper printers. The GEOMAN e:line is characterized by a small investment at short lifecycle costs. Also the compact design plays an important role: The infeed unit is integrated to the printing unit and therefore does not need a lot of space. Due to this, building expanses and costs for air conditioning can be saved.
The GEOMAN e:line with its high quality coldset inking units stands for highest folding performance and excellent production quality and -reliability. The cylinder arrangement enables a parallel make ready, high speed and uncompromising printing quality at low start-up waste.
manroland web systems offers an appropriate upgradable automation degree with options like PPL, APL or plate lift for automatic changeovers as well as the latest control systems and workflows for an easy and fast operation. Integrated Inline Control Systems from manroland web systems are available for ink density, color- and cut-off register and fanout of the lateral web position. What is new is the inline color control system for newspaper printing (IDCµ). The customer benefit: a long production run, a variety of products and low waste rates. Thanks to these flexible possibilities the GEOMAN e:line also helps to develop new business models.
Overview: the GEOMAN e:line
- Efficiency: low investment costs at low lifecycle costs. Low start-up waste and highest folding performance.
- Quality: high quality coldset inking unites for excellent quality and production reliability. The cylinder arrangement enables a parallel make ready, high speed and uncompromising printing quality.
- Flexibility: individual adjustment to requirements and economical situation of the printer. Upgrades with numerous options and different configuration packages – step by step and modular.
- Compact design: integrated infeed unit for low space requirement. Saves building expenses and costs for air conditioning.
- Automation: appropriate upgradable automation degree with options like PPL, APL or plate lift for automatic plate change, Inline Control Systems, e.g. for color register, ink density or fan-out control, latest control system and workflows for simple and fast operation. Option: heatset inking units and appropriate dryer for printing quality close to commercial.