Printing Industries Alliance and Graphic Arts Association are pleased to announce the publication of their "Sales and Use Tax Guidelines for Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York." This publication will assist members in deciphering sales and use tax regulations and the effect of new regulations impacting the printing and graphic communications industry. Its purpose is to provide practical guidance in day-to-day situations in a number of areas including:
- Nexus – Should you register to do business in other states
- Answers to sales and use tax questions and "what if" situations including mailing issues.
- Sales and Use tax on internet transactions
- Streamlined Sales Tax Agreement and "sales tax on postage" questions.
- Compilation of exemption forms and NEXUS questionnaires.
This 168-page guide was produced by Bart Krupnick, a principal with the noted graphic communications industry CPA firm MargolisBecker, LLC. Mr. Krupnick provides tax counsel to the Printing Industries of America Government Affairs department and is a contributing author and speaker for various publications and organizations. MargolisBecker, LLC is a nationally known business and management advisory specialist to the graphic communications industry and preparers of the annual PIA Ratio Studies program.