CHROMiX and HutchColor announces Curve3 is shipping
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Press release from the issuing company
Seattle, WA - CHROMiX and HutchColor announce that shipping has begun on the newly updated Curve3 G7 calibration software. Curve 3 is the successor to the industry-leading Curve2 G7 calibration tool. Curve2 evolved from the original IDEALink Curve calibration tool which helped launch G7 and establish it as an industry-changing technology.
Curve3 builds upon Curve2s core capabilities with a strong list of additional features requested by the industry:
- Innovative 4D multi-dimensional data smoothing
- Calibration of additional inks (CMYK+) (i.e.:packaging
- Spectral VPR (applies curves to full-spectral data)
- New enhanced black-point options for ink-jet and digital
- Normalizes high densities to improve shadow smoothness
- Custom TVI calibration for European users
- Intelligent error-reporting and problem resolution
- User-specified starting calibration
- User-defined control point lists
- Expanded graphs & reports
In addition, Curve3 supports OneRun targets and Eskos PressSync calibration scheme. OneRun targets combine the P2P and profiling targets into one, saving press sheet room and aiding G7 calibration of smaller presses. An upgraded Curve3 Virtual Press Run (VPR) module will be released at the same time. VPR simulates press runs, generating curved color measurements for ICC profiling and saving thousands of dollars. Pricing of Curve3 and VPR will be similar to previous Curve2 pricing. Upgrades for past Curve2 customers will be available at 50% of MSRP.
Curve3 Introduction Webinar:
To help introduce the industry to Curve3 and some of its new features, CHROMiX and HutchColor will host a public webinar THIS FRIDAY May 17th at 2:00 PM Eastern/11:00 AM Pacific. Attendees simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "C3 WEBINAR on 5/17" in the Subject field.
Post a Comment
Copyright © 2018 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved