Zumbox and Computershare Bring Digital Postal Mail to Financial Industry
Thursday, September 13, 2012
Press release from the issuing company
Bank-level secure electronic communications channel enhances shareholder communications and engagement while reducing paper cost and usage
Zumbox and Computershare Communication Services Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Computershare Limited, today announced the availability of Digital Postal Mail powered by Zumbox to Computershare's nearly 7,000 U.S. clients.
Powered by Zumbox, Digital Postal Mail is a bank-level secure, web-based postal delivery and archiving system that offers a digital alternative to physical mail. The free channel delivers electronic versions of paper documents to investors, replacing physical mail with interactive digital communications. Anyone with an address in the U.S. can sign up for Digital Post Mail for free at www.digitalpostalmail.com.
"We produce millions of financial paper communications annually, and many have requested a paperless alternative that is both easy to use and has security as part of the offering," said Bernie O'Connor, President of Computershare Communication Services. "This is beyond electronic communications: This is a secure way to access all of your mail digitally allowing consumers to archive and transact in a new and easy manner. Digital Postal Mail is taking us to the next level of interactive transactional mail communications."
For users of Digital Postal Mail, once the digital mailbox for a consumer household address is verified, investor and financial documents are automatically delivered digitally as soon as they are available. The documents are digitized before they ever reach print production, so Digital Postal Mail truly reduces the use of paper and many other resources.
Specific benefits for shareholders and financial institution customers include:
- Single location for financial account documents, eliminating the need to visit multiple websites and remember various usernames and passwords
- A permanent, free archived environment that also enables other documents to be uploaded and stored in the cloud environment
- Anytime access to a Digital Postal Mail account, including mobile devices
- Easy search to find any document exactly when it is needed
Specific benefits for issuers include:
- Offering investors a choice for statement delivery, improving investor interactions
- Tools, such as automated reminders, to help drive paperless adoption and potential for increased proxy response with a link to the InvestorVote website
- Enhanced social responsibility by dramatically reducing paper waste and distribution resources
"Consumers receive many important documents in the mail beyond bills and statements and shareholder communications are an important example of that," said John Payne, CEO of Zumbox, Inc. "The ability to deliver shareholder documents electronically to a permanent archive and make them available any time from any device, including tablets and smartphones, is a major convenience for those shareholders. They can search and find documents quickly and easily and can quickly get to the proxy voting site through the link at the 'Vote Now' button on the digital document."
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free