Print Has Multiple Futures
Friday, May 25, 2012
Press release from the issuing company
PrintCity Alliance members shared their views on the multiple ‘futures’ of print in Hall 6 at drupa, to show that our industry has a strong and vibrant role to play in our multi-media society.
Print has Multiple Futures is one of the conclusions from the joint research project between PrintCity and students from the Stuttgart Media University. This project strongly contributed to the PrintCity Alliance’s new book Print: Seen! Lean & Green, which is published at drupa. Additionally a special Print has Multiple Futures display area within PrintCity aims to trigger visitor interaction and discussion.
‘Top 10’ Trends and Implications
1. Continuing print-media ‘right-sizing’ – return to stability
2. Growth in packaging, labels and smart printing
3. Print media will grow in most developing markets
4. Content and quality are key print attributes
5. Multi-media channels working more closely with each other
6. Print is a variable object with high differentiation value
7. More industry integration of printers, suppliers, organisations
8. Printers will provide multiple processes and services
9. New technologies give smaller printers greater reach
10. Environmental issues are increasingly important
Why Print: Seen! Lean & Green?
PrintCity is therefore focused on Print: Seen! Lean & Green – We Love Print!
Post a Comment
Copyright © 2016 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved