Log In | Become a Member | Contact Us


Leading printing executives into the future

Connect on Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Featured:     European Coverage     Production Inkjet Analysis

InnerWorkings Announces Record Q1 2012 Results

Friday, May 04, 2012

Press release from the issuing company

InnerWorkings, Inc., a leading global marketing supply chain company, today reported results for the three months ended March 31, 2012.

Quarterly Highlights:

  • Record revenue of $188.5 million, an increase of 30% compared to $145.2 million in the first quarter of 2011. Organic revenue growth in the quarter was 21%.
  • Two of the contracts signed in the quarter are expected to become the Company's largest enterprise relationships.
  • Non-GAAP Adjusted EBITDA was $9.6 million, an increase of 31% compared to $7.3 million in the year-earlier period. Please refer to the non-GAAP reconciliation table below for more information.
  • Net income was $3.7 million, an increase of 32% compared to $2.8 million in the year-earlier period. Excluding proceeds from the sale of Echo Global Logistics stock in both periods, earnings per diluted share in the first quarter of 2012 were $0.07 compared to $0.05 per diluted share in the first quarter of 2011.
  • Year-over-year enterprise revenue growth of 35% and transactional revenue growth of 15%. Revenue from new enterprise accounts was a record $23.2 million in the first quarter.
  • Amended credit facility, which lowered borrowing costs, increased the line of credit to $150 million and extended the maturity date to August 2015.

"Our business momentum continues to grow, as we delivered record revenue for the sixth consecutive quarter, were awarded what we expect to be our two largest ever enterprise contracts and raised our revenue guidance for the year," said Eric D. Belcher, chief executive officer of InnerWorkings. "The investments we are making to win large global print management contracts and gain share in the middle market are driving the innovation curve in our industry."

Additional first quarter 2012 financial and operational highlights include the following:

  • 79% of the Company's revenue was generated from sales to enterprise clients, with the remaining 21% derived from transactional clients.
  • As of March 31, 2012, the Company had an outstanding balance of $71.4 million on its newly amended $150 million bank credit facility and retained cash and short-term investments of $16.6 million.

"We continued to execute effectively against our goals, generating strong operational and financial results," said Joseph M. Busky, chief financial officer of InnerWorkings. "We also amended our credit facility, which lowers our borrowing costs by 20%, and also provides the Company with additional liquidity to continue growing the business."

Outlook
The Company is raising its 2012 revenue guidance to $780 million to $810 million from $770 million to $800 million. 2012 earnings per share guidance remains in its previously announced range of $0.42 to $0.45.

Conference Call
A conference call will be broadcast live on Thursday, May 3, 2012, at 4:30 p.m. Central Time (5:30 p.m. Eastern Time). The live webcast discussion, which will include a Q&A session, will be hosted by Eric D. Belcher, Chief Executive Officer, and Joseph M. Busky, Chief Financial Officer.

To access the conference call by telephone, interested parties may dial (877) 771-7024. Interested parties are also invited to listen to the live webcast by visiting the Investor "Events & Presentations" section of InnerWorkings' website at investor.inwk.com/events.cfm. A replay of the webcast will be available later that day in the same section of the website.

 

Post a Comment

To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free

 

SHARE

Email Icon Email

Print Icon Print

Become a Member

Join the thousands of printing executives who are already part of the WhatTheyThink Community.

Copyright © 2016 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved