Canon U.S.A. introduces new imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Press release from the issuing company
LAS VEGAS--Opening the door to a new era of advanced image quality, workflow simplicity and efficiency in the workplace, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital document imaging, today launched the imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series, a new document service platform that blends hardware, software and services to help advance modern business environments.
Building upon the Company’s long heritage of its award-winning imageRUNNER product line, the new imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series will help seamlessly bridge the distance between user and multifunction printer (MFP) to transform and advance one’s business and digital communications. Incorporating sophisticated workflows and innovative technologies, the Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series is designed to address the ever-growing needs of users, administrators and business decision makers to better manage and customize workflows, while accomplishing more tasks in less time and achieving higher levels of quality.
The new Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series will include:
* imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9075 PRO/C9065 PRO1 – Rounding out Canon’s digital color solutions portfolio, the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9075 PRO will produce letter-sized output at up to 75 pages-per-minute (ppm) in black-and-white and 70 ppm in color, while the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9065 PRO will operate at up to 65 ppm in both black-and-white and color. These models help address the growing digital document imaging needs of a vast array of light production users, including Central Reprographics Departments (CRDs), small copy centers and quick print shops.
* imageRUNNER ADVANCE C7065/C7055 – Producing letter-sized output at 65 ppm for black-and-white and 60 ppm for color on the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C7065, and 55 ppm for both color and black-and-white on the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C7055, these models provide a fast and reliable solution for high-volume office and busy enterprise environments.
* imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5051/C5045/C5035/C5030 – These new models, running color and black-and-white, letter-sized output at 51 ppm, 45 ppm, 35 ppm and 30 ppm, respectively, offer innovative new features and functionality to help maximize productivity and efficiency for general office users, all within a compact footprint.
“Over the years, Canon has developed and delivered several monumental technology innovations and solutions to respond to customers’ needs and change the marketplace, including the transition to digital with its GP product line in the early 1990s and the introduction of the current imageRUNNER product line in 1999,” said Sam Yoshida, vice president and general manager, Imaging Systems Group, Canon U.S.A.
“The new imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series is a game-changer that will exceed customers’ expectations. These new solutions will help increase the productivity of ‘knowledge workers’ through greater efficiency and simplified workflow, while producing consistent high-quality color and black-and-white output in office and light production environments,” adds Yoshida.
Its new sleek, compact and natural color design, combined with its advanced innovations, allows the imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series to fit harmoniously into nearly any work environment. These models have been redesigned from the inside out with the user in mind, starting with its brand new system architecture. Built upon a new Advanced imageCHIP system architecture, these models leverage two central processing units separating image processing and information processing functions. These CPUs work together to accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously, and achieve exceptional performance, faster processing speeds, as well as deliver new features and functionality.
The new Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE series will also incorporate a Full Color SVGA TFT Control Panel (8.4-inch screen on the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5000 Series models and up to 10.4-inch screen on the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C7000 and C9000 PRO Series models), with a customizable user interface to help define and simplify specific user workflows. The new large control panel also features a Main Menu key to easily access main functions and a Quick Menu key to help improve and simplify workflow, as well as share frequently used jobs or functions within a workgroup using one-touch buttons.
The new models are designed with robust and flexible paper handling capacities and finishing options, including staple and booklet finishing, and a wide range of media support through a variety of optional hardware accessories. The new imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9075 PRO and C9065 PRO, which have a paper capacity up to 9,300 sheets, and the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C7065 and C7055, with a paper capacity up to 6,900 sheets, will support a variety of media, including coated and tab paper, in sizes up to 13 x 19 1/4 inches and with a weight up to 300 gsm (110 lb. Cover), while the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5051/C5045/C5035/C5030 will have a capacity up to 5,000 sheets, and support paper ranging from 14 lb. bond to 140 lb. index (52 to 256 gsm) and up to 12 x 18 inches.
The Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series delivers superior and seamless workflow productivity and efficiency, thanks to a number of new functional capabilities including its innovative Advanced Box functionality and imageWARE ADVANCE Essentials Solutions Package.
The Advanced Box is a document sharing space built into the new models, providing enhanced document storage and advanced collaboration. With the ability to store documents in their native file formats and share Advanced Box documents across network connected models and personal computers, the Advanced Box delivers a new level of capability in document storage and collaboration.
imageRUNNER ADVANCE Essentials is an integrated software suite designed to enhance the end-user experience and interaction with imageRUNNER ADVANCE models. imageRUNNER ADVANCE Essentials, which includes imageRUNNER ADVANCE Desktop, imageRUNNER ADVANCE Tracker and Workflow Composer with connectors, will allow users to easily access the functions that simplify their work. Users can bring imageRUNNER ADVANCE functionality directly to their desktops for one-touch workflow key creation, document publishing and management, and basic document tracking and accounting.
The imageRUNNER ADVANCE Essentials Package allows any size work environment to optimize the core functionality of the new Series and includes:
* imageRUNNER ADVANCE Desktop – A client-based device dashboard application to operate the document publishing, management, and printing operation from the user’s personal computer. In addition, this desktop application can be used in conjunction with Canon’s new imageWARE Document Server application in cases where customers want to share documents being managed across workgroups or departments.
* imageRUNNER ADVANCE Tracker – A cost recovery and usage management solution designed specifically for the imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series and based on Canon’s proprietary MEAP (Multifunction Embedded Application Platform) technology.
* Workflow Composer and Connectors – Simplifies imageRUNNER ADVANCE workflow processes by customizing multi-step workflow functions into single-button operations. A number of MEAP connectors for SMB and FTP file delivery inclusive of document indexing come standard on the new models, while connectors for imageWARE Document Server and SharePoint Server 2007 are available as options.
From easy set-up to centralized administration and security, the new imageRUNNER ADVANCE models deliver a combination of integrated hardware and software for scaling and managing document workflow. For example, administrators can use the improved Remote User Interface (RUI) on the imageRUNNER ADVANCE to monitor a single device on the network or imageWARE Enterprise Management Console to check the activity of an entire fleet. Enhanced security solutions, including Authentication, Data, Network and Document Security, are incorporated into the new models to protect sensitive and confidential documents, as well as the device’s integrity.
With the imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series, Canon delivers a consistent and reliable platform that easily integrates into any environment to increase uptime and encourage seamless communication and collaboration. The new models, which will provide true 1,200 x 1,200 dots-per-inch (dpi) print resolution, will deliver exceptional image output quality, yielding smooth, vivid and well-defined images by virtue of the new system architecture and technologies. Also, the imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series will use a new oil-free “pQ” toner to produce sharp, vivid and dense images with a smooth finish, combined with new fusing technologies to improve color consistency and gloss optimization.
The new models will come standard with Ultra Fast Rendering II (UFRII) printing technology, as well as optional Adobe PostScript 3 and PCL 5c/6 capabilities. For color intensive users, there will be imagePASS and ColorPASS* print controller options available. In addition, these models will have a tighter collaboration with Adobe technologies, by offering the ability to print and scan into a variety of Adobe PDF formats, support for a wider variety of Adobe PDF formats, and integration with Adobe LiveCycle Rights Management Server ES to bring secure collaboration to PDF documents.
The imageRUNNER ADVANCE models all support Canon’s MEAP technology, allowing for greater integration with customized business processes and with leading third-party software applications. eCopy, the leading document imaging software provider, is announcing the availability of its ShareScan document imaging application with the imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series, giving customers instant connectivity to more than 100 of the most commonly used business applications. In addition, NT-Ware is announcing that uniFLOW Output Manager, an intelligent output management application, will run on the new imageRUNNER ADVANCE platform. Other third-party developers are expected to announce that their MEAP applications will support imageRUNNER ADVANCE models at the time of shipping or shortly thereafter.
Canon is committed to the environment and green technologies through every phase of the product lifecycle. With these new imageRUNNER ADVANCE models, Canon will have an even stronger environmental focus than in past products, including:
* Reducing Carbon Emissions – Through Canon’s Life Cycle Assessment system, the new series is expected to reduce CO2 emissions by more than 30 percent over previous models by focusing on each stage of manufacturing, energy use and logistics. These models, which are designed to be the smallest and lightest in their class, with less packaging to make transportation more efficient, are the first Canon offerings to make use of 100 percent recycled plastics and bio-plastic materials in certain parts within the new devices.
* Maximizing Energy Efficiency – The series, which meets and exceeds ENERGY STAR standards, realizes an up to 75 percent reduction2 in overall power consumption thanks to a number of advanced technologies including the use of White LED Array technology in the devices’ image reader, and the use of Canon’s Proprietary Image Sensor technology versus traditional CCD sensors. Also, new fusing technologies reduce overall power consumption in the new models to 1W or less in Sleep Mode**.
* Reducing Pollution – These devices exceed the toughest global regulations set by the European Union’s RoHS Directive in restricting hazardous substances and minimize the use of lead in steel, copper and aluminum materials. The RoHS Directive requires the restriction of six specified hazardous substances, while Canon currently restricts the use of 24 such substances.
* Conserving Resources – Each new imageRUNNER ADVANCE model comes equipped with a number of paper-, toner- and energy-saving features, aiding in cutting costs and conserving resources. Also, with long-life parts and high-yielding supplies, customers can maximize uptime and reduce the amount of materials consumed during the product life cycle.
The imageRUNNER ADVANCE models are expected to be available for customer delivery in the fourth quarter of 2009 through Canon Authorized Dealers and Canon Business Solutions. The manufacturer’s suggested retail prices will be:
* imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9075 PRO - $50,000
* imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9065 PRO - $40,000
* imageRUNNER ADVANCE C7065 - $35,000
* imageRUNNER ADVANCE C7055 - $28,000
* imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5051 - $18,500
* imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5045 - $17,000
* imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5035 - $12,400
* imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5030 - $11,400