Lanier Announces Launch of Color Controller for 5813 Digital Color System
Press release from the issuing company
Phenom E-820 Server from EFI Offers Professional Color and Job Management Capabilities
ATLANTA--Sept. 12, 2002-- Lanier Worldwide, Inc. today launched a significantly enhanced controller for the popular Lanier 5813 Digital Color Copier/Printer System. The new Phenom E-820 Print Controller, based on Electronics For Imaging's industry-leading Fiery Z5 server and Fiery System 5 software, features a comprehensive suite of EFI's latest color management and job processing solutions. It includes the Fiery Graphic Arts Package, which offers specialized tools to help creative professionals deliver precise, consistent color output and print quality quickly and easily. Additional E-820 features enable seamless network connectivity, document scanning, remote job management and variable data printing. The system will be available on October 7, 2002.
"The Phenom E-820 delivers excellent results for a wide range of printing environments, from corporate departments to print-for-pay shops to graphic design firms," said Dominic Pontrelli, vice president of Marketing for Lanier. "It can handle the most demanding color print jobs effortlessly, with a unique combination of speed and precision. And it has the industry's most advanced selection of software tools for color control and workflow administration.
"When our customers pair the E-820 with the Lanier 5813 Digital Color Copier/Printer, they can expect consistently brilliant output for every printing application. These two systems create a powerful solution that easily outperforms the vast majority of competitive offerings."
Frank Mallozzi, EFI VP of Worldwide Sales, agreed with Pontrelli's assessment.
"We are delighted that Lanier has chosen EFI's powerful Fiery solutions to enhance the color control and workflow experience for their customers," Mallozzi said. "From custom ICC profile creation to precise color calibration, the E-820 controller offers all the tools required to achieve accurate, reliable color output and print quality."
Advanced software tools for the Phenom E-820 include:
* ColorWise 3: A complete package of professional in-RIP color management tools that support full ICC profiles; customized color profiles; Pantone spot color matching; RGB workflow; color rendering dictionaries for photo, presentation, absolute and relative colormetric; Gray Component Replacement; simulation for SWOP, Euroscale and DIC; pure black text/graphics; black overprint/trapping and spot colors in PDF, Pantone calibration, Colorcal and Auto Gray. It also includes the Fiery Profile Manager for complete control over sourced color space, press simulation or copier output.
* Fiery Graphic Arts Package: An optional software suite designed specifically for graphic arts professionals that need specialized tools for managing color and print quality. The package enables greater color precision and repeatability, supports accurate proofing and simulations, and accommodates a wide range of document formats.
* EFI Color Profiler: An optional device that enables the creation of ICC profiles with CMYK digital printers and appeals to novice and advanced users. ICC profiles accurately describe the color response of printers and can be used with PCs, Macintosh computers and Fiery servers. The EFI Color Profiler kit includes the EFI Spectrometer -- a fast, handheld color measurement device.
* Fiery NetWise: Accelerates setup for connectivity in all popular network environments and offers auto-sensing and auto-switching of TCP/IP, AppleTalk and Novell IPX/SPX protocols.
* EFI Variable Data Solutions: The E-820 provides an ideal platform for variable data printing, featuring EFI's Fiery FreeForm and Fiery FreeForm 2 technology, as well as compatibility with legacy languages and support for the emerging VDP standard PPML (Personalized Print Markup Language).
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's go-to information source with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, WhatTheyThink Email Newsletters, and the WhatTheyThink magazine. Our mission is to inform, educate, and inspire the industry. We provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today's printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.