Ultimate Releases Impostrip 6.7 with Support for Skinny PDF
Press release from the issuing company
Montreal, Canada, 2002 – PDF and PostScript workflow provider Ultimate Technographics today announced a new release of the world’s most innovative Imposition software, Impostrip 6.7. The new Impostrip release offers exciting new features and enables Impostrip users to Impose Skinny PDF files. Skinny PDF files are produced by the Ultimate SkinnyServer – they are on average 100X smaller than PostScript and 30X smaller than prepress quality Acrobat PDF files. The massive file size difference means enormous time-savings in a prepress workflow and significant savings for archiving signatures.
Robert Dumas, Director of Product Management of Ultimate says: “Impostrip has always been recognized as the leading Imposition workflow solution, its ease-of-use and support for multiple file formats, including native PDF in and out, have ensured that it plays a leading role in prepress workflows worldwide ”, he continues, “the latest version of Impostrip is particularly exciting because of its support for Skinny PDF files. Skinny PDF files address the number one concern choking prepress workflows – massive digital file size. ”
The new Impostrip 6.7 is available as a free download for supported Impostrip 6.5 + users and includes multiple recent improvements, including:
* Skinny PDF file support
* Support for web growth
* Support for DCS marks - Including using separated marks as DCS marks
* Creo Prinergy Workflow certification
The Ultimate SkinnyServer announced at IPEX in April 2002 uses the Jaws PDF library and is priced at USD $4,995.00, it ships with a 5 pack of SkinnyEPS Photoshop plug-ins. Extra Photoshop Plug-ins can be purchased for USD $195.00 each or 5 packs for USD $750.00. Bundle SkinnyServer with Client Server Impostrip for a total price of USD $9,995.00, bundle SkinnyServer with IMPress for a total price of USD $5,995.00.
SkinnyServer benefits overview:
* Up to 100X reduction of file size compared to PostScript
* Adobe Photoshop SkinnyEPS plug-in for 30X reduced EPS file size, no extensions needed for page layout – SkinnyEPS is a normal EPS, but only skinnier!
* Faster Trapping, Imposition (6X faster) and RIPing (10X faster)
* Add Trapping with Ultimate Xtrap or Imposition with Ultimate Impostrip & IMPress
* Maximizes ROI on capital prepress investments
* Reduces costly hardware/software/service requirements for dedicated file transfer systems, file and plate archiving, OPI systems
* PDF creation is 8X faster and 3X smaller than Adobe Acrobat Server
* Reduced file sizes allow for emailing Quark/images or Skinny PDF files
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.