(Norwell, MA) June 10, 2002... CAP Ventures, the leading research and consulting company in the digital business communications market, and Modern Reprographics, the premier industry publication in the reprographics market, have completed a comprehensive study on the technical document printing market.
"There has been a tremendous amount of information developed in the large format digital graphics printing market, but less than 10% of all large format prints are graphics," commented Tim Greene, Associate Director of CAP Ventures Visual Communications Technologies Consulting Service. "Technical documents, such as floor plans, architectural drawings, and schematics, are, and will continue to be, the mainstay of large format digital printing."
Several important findings from the study include:
* 40% of companies that produce technical documents intend to acquire new hardware in the next 12 months, driven by the need to add capacity, improve print quality and increase print speeds.
* The use of color is widespread in technical document printing environments, with more than half of the respondents indicating a high percentage of their documents are in color.
* HP, ENCAD, Xerox Engineering Systems, and Océ are the leading hardware brands in the reprographics market.
* Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS) and On-line Plan Rooms are important components of the workflow in reprographics shops.
In completing this research, CAP Ventures interviewed more than 330 end users and more than 70 dealers on a range of topics in the technical document printing environment. "The results of this study prove that reprographics shops and technical document printing organizations are evolving with the digital world" according to Greene. "Much of the conventional thinking about reprographics shops is simply no longer accurate."
The Opportunities in Engineering/Technical Large Format Printing study is the third in the new research program developed by CAP Ventures for the large format digital printing market. The results of this study are available now, with the final report due by the end of June 2002. Other studies CAP Ventures has released this year include:
* 2000-2005 Worldwide Forecast of Large Format Digital Printing Hardware and Supplies. This forecast includes hardware, ink and media for aqueous and solvent-based inkjet, electrostatic, thermal transfer, Laser/LED, and digital photographic print technologies.
* The Professional Large Format Digital Print Market, a comprehensive primary research study on the professional graphics market covering the usage and purchasing trends for hardware, software, and supplies.
CAP Ventures is currently developing the fourth component of its research program, a complete study on the proofing market.
CAP Ventures provides visual communications technology vendors with market research and consulting services to support their business planning, product development and marketing programs. If you are interested in any of these studies or other assistance from CAP Ventures, please contact Scott Phinney at CAP Ventures at 781.871.9000 ext. 123 or [email protected]
CAP Ventures is a strategic consulting firm for providers and users of business communication technologies and services. We deliver key research, analysis, forecasting, benchmarking, and strategy recommendations to make a competitive difference in our clients’ businesses. Additional information about CAP Ventures is available on the Web at: www.capv.com