New, versatile Xaar Print Bar System brings digital creativity to analogue web and sheet-fed label presses and can be seen live in action on the Edale stand (Hall 7, D39).
Labelexpo is showcase for Xaar technology as Dantex, Durst, EFI, Edale/FFEI, INX, and SPG Prints demonstrate innovative Xaar-enabled digital label presses.
Cambridge – Xaar, the world’s leading inkjet technology specialist, is pleased to announce the launch of the Xaar Print Bar System. This new system, which incorporates the Xaar 1002 family of high-precision industrial printheads, adds single-pass inkjet capability to analogue web and sheet-fed presses. Users can take advantage of the benefits of digital printing easily and economically and deliver more creativity to their customers. In addition, the unrivalled reliability provided by the Xaar 1002’s patented TF Technology™ sets this print bar apart from any others on the market.
The Xaar Print Bar System is versatile, easy to configure and ideal for personalised, variable data, special effects and short-run printing for a range of applications, including labels and packaging. By using Xaar 1002 printheads with TF Technology™ the new system can handle a wide range of inks and fluids, including spot colours (K or CMY), protective lacquers, high-build spot varnish, heavily pigmented high-opacity under-surface whites, cold foil adhesives, metallics, etc. As a result, print providers now have the ability to add special effects and variable data digitally, saving the considerable cost and time associated with analogue production methods.
Complete and flexible system
The Xaar Print Bar is a complete ‘ready-to-use system’ featuring a choice of Xaar 1002 printheads (GS6, GS12 or GS40 depending on the application), an ink supply system and full print management and workflow capabilities to ensure total control of the print process.
Available in a range of print widths from 70mm up to 560mm, and single or dual configurations with print speeds up to 75m/min as standard, the versatile Xaar Print Bar System is designed to be easily integrated into a wide range of web or sheet-fed press configurations – and at any point on the press. It can be easily retro-fitted to existing analogue presses, designed into new builds, or used as a standalone print solution if preferred. For those looking for more, it can be configured for higher speeds, higher laydown or multi-process applications.
The Xaar Print Bar System makes its global debut at Labelexpo (Brussels, 29 September to 2 October 2015) on the Edale stand (Hall 7, D39). It will be shown both as a stand-alone unit and integrated within the Graphium hybrid press where its capabilities can be seen live. At the show, Xaar will also demonstrate the workflow software which enables the successful integration of the Xaar Print Bar System within an analogue press.
Labelexpo is showcase for leading Xaar-enabled digital presses
Several companies will demonstrate Xaar-enabled digital label presses at Labelexpo, highlighting the ability to produce consistently high print quality labels, including the use of high-viscosity white and digital varnish:
- Dantex (Hall 8, C40) launches the PicoColour II UV inkjet digital label press, a 210mm wide machine running up to 35m/min and using Xaar 1002 GS6 printheads. The press is available with CMYK and optional white. It can be used in conjunction with optional Corona treatment, PicoColour for paper as well as filmic based media.
- Durst (Hall 8, B26) launches the Tau 330 E, a ‘budget-priced’, single-pass UV inkjet label press designed for the small and medium-sized label converters. The Tau 330 E, which uses Xaar 1002 GS6 printheads, is available in 200mm or 330mm print widths, with 4 (CMYK) or 5 colors (CMYK+W), offering a print speed of up to 48m/min (157ft/min) and the choice of two print resolutions – the standard print mode at 720 x 360 DPI and the super high definition HD print mode at 720 x 1260 DPI. The high-pigmented UV inkjet inks used in the Tau 330 E provide a noticeable cost reduction compared to existing systems. Also on show is the Durst Tau 330 which is integrated with an in-line finishing system
- EFI (Hall 9, C40) shows the Jetrion 4950LX LED 330mm-wide press which uses Xaar 1002 GS6 printheads. This label press is ideal for printing directly onto thin, heat-sensitive films and adhesive-backed labels as well as recycled materials. It prints CMYK plus white and incorporates variable data capability.
- In addition to the Xaar Print Bar System, the Edale stand (Hall 7, D39) will include a new configuration of FFEI’s Graphium hybrid digital inkjet label press: two pre-digital flexo stations; 6-colour inkjet; two post-digital flexo stations with foiling and Edale’s new hybrid semi/full rotary die-cutting system. The Graphium uses 36 Xaar 1002 GS6 printheads.
- INX (Hall 9, C18) launches the NW210 LED-UV inkjet press in-line with a Spartanics X210 laser cutting station. The press operates at speeds up to 24m/min up to a width of 210mm. The press uses 15 Xaar 1002 GS6 printheads on five color ink channels – CMYK plus white – with three additional channels and varnish as an option.
- SPGPrints (Hall 8, A10) will demonstrate the potential of its DSI® digital UV-inkjet press and workflow. The company will also focus on computer-to-plate and computer-to-screen imaging, and rotary screen printing technology for labels and packaging. Available in widths from 135mm to 530mm (5in to 21in), the DSI press is a high-performance alternative for print runs up to 5,000LM (15,000 linear ft.) and variable data printing. CMYK, intermediate inline LED pinning stations and chill drum are standard. The press can be configured with up to six extra stations, including orange and violet to make 90 percent of the colour gamut, digital white with industry-leading 93 percent optical density, and a digital primer. The DSI incorporates Xaar 1002 GS6 printheads.