Heidelberg announces new system controller for Digimaster print system
Press release from the issuing company
Committing to increase processing speed and enhance flexibility for print providers, Heidelberg announced today the worldwide availability of a new system controller for the Digimaster print system product family.
The new V240 SCS (System Control Subsystem), a server-based controller that processes print files and drives the printer, will provide significant benefits for Digimaster system customers, including:
· Increased processor speed to move complex jobs through the Digimaster print system more quickly.
· A server-based controller for higher reliability and increased uptime.
· Pre-loaded software that reduces installation and system configuration time.
· Storage in a rack-mount cabinet to provide easier service access to the con-troller and improve equipment-cabling organization.
“The V240 SCS provides a wide range of new processing and printing enhancements for the Digimaster print system,” said Leonard Christopher, vice president of workflow solutions, Heidelberg’s Digital Print Solution Center. “The controller's increased processing speed and improved design will enable printing customers to achieve higher production, flexibility and reliability than ever before.”
The new SCS platform will provide significant new benefits to Digimaster system customers, including:
· 1 GHz processor speed. The new V240 SCS features three times the processing speed of its predecessor, enabling the server to process print files more quickly and to move jobs more rapidly through the device. In addition, support for the Gigabit Ethernet found in many customer environments enables higher-bandwidth jobs over the Ethernet so they can get to the printer faster.
· Server-based reliability. The new controller leverages the advantages inherent to a server-based system, including reliability and availability for increased production.
· Rack-mount cabinet. The entire SCS subsystem now resides in a rack-mount cabinet, enabling better service accessibility when necessary. Now available in aesthetically matched cabinetry design in Heidelberg trade-dress, the cabi-net also features additional space for future expansion needs.
· Pre-loaded software. The new system controller comes pre-loaded with Print Production Release 5.02 software, which is required for the V240 SCS. The pre-loaded software reduces installation time and enables Digimaster system customers to be up and running faster.
The new V240 SCS is now available worldwide. In addition, an optional upgrade kit for all Digimaster 9110 and 9150i print systems will be available to replace the older System Control Subsystems. The upgrade kit includes Print Production Release 5.02 software.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's go-to information source with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, WhatTheyThink Email Newsletters, and the WhatTheyThink magazine. Our mission is to inform, educate, and inspire the industry. We provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today's printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.