Heidelberg To Showcase Customized Solutions For Commercial Printers At Print ‘05
Press release from the issuing company
CHICAGO, September 8, 2005 - Heidelberg will showcase the latest in commercial print technologies at PRINT '05 with automated, high-speed solutions designed to equip small and medium-sized printers for continued success. Heidelberg's Commercial Print Solutions area in booth #1200 will display press, postpress, consumables and service offerings tailored specifically for the commercial printing sector.
“In today's increasingly competitive commercial print market, printers are seeking technology solutions that can increase efficiencies in the shop while giving them advantages over the competition,” said Carsten Ruebel, Heidelberg product management, 74 format. “Heidelberg's customizable solutions cater to the specific business needs of commercial printers, allowing shops to increase flexibility and productivity with integrated press and postpress solutions.”
Heidelberg's Commercial Print Solutions range from sophisticated platesetters and long perfecting presses to highly automated bindery solutions that can easily be integrated into the digital workflow. All Heidelberg equipment is easy to operate, modular and designed to accommodate the short turnaround times and high productivity that the commercial print market demands. Prepress offerings such as the Prosetter 102 SCL platesetter, the ultimate automated solution for all commercial production needs, allow printers to further increase productivity.
In addition to providing the latest equipment, Heidelberg helps commercial printers achieve maximum connectivity in the shop with offerings such as the new optimized 2.1 version of Prinect Printready System. This system improves JDF handling and offers MIS integration and higher performance proof output. Together, Prinect Printready System and the new 1.5 version of Prinect Signa Station deliver data for presetting presses and finishing systems, forging a peerlessly integrated workflow.
For all service needs, printers can turn to Heidelberg's systemservice, which helps ensure maximum performance of the equipment by providing continuous customer support - from the pre-sales stage to installation and beyond, covering the entire lifecycle of production systems. Heidelberg systemservice experts will be on hand at PRINT ‘05 to answer questions and guide booth visitors through the company's various service offerings.
Among the Commercial Print Solutions that Heidelberg will feature at PRINT '05 are the following:
- Speedmaster SM 52-8 with perfector - The Speedmaster SM 52 is the first press of its format class to be available worldwide with eight printing units, expanding the one-pass-productivity in the 2-up format. This top-of-the-line press features the ultimate level of automation and ease of use. Several innovations, including special air panels in the delivery that allow high-coverage printing on both sides without gutters, help produce the highest quality print results. An optical missing-sheet sensor reliably monitors exact sheet travel for all materials and at all printing speeds in perfecting mode. This year, Heidelberg's booth features an eight-color Speedmaster SM 52 with perfector and Axis Control.
- Speedmaster SM 52-5+LD with new chamber doctor blade coating unit, inline die-cutting unit and UV capabilities - Demonstrating Heidelberg's technology leadership in the 20-inch press segment, a five-color Speedmaster SM 52+LD will be displayed at PRINT ‘05. Equipped with UV interdeck and end of press dryers, this press takes the production process integration to a new level by printing, coating and die-cutting materials in a single pass. For the first time, Heidelberg will show the optional chamber doctor blade coating unit on the SM 52, making it possible to process pigmented coatings, such as metallic coatings or opaque white. In addition, the Speedmaster SM 52+LD will be equipped with the Vario dampening option and an extended stock range of up to 0.6 millimeter (0.024 inch).
- Speedmaster SM 74-6 with perfector, coater and extended delivery - Heidelberg's Speedmaster SM 74 is the ultimate perfecting machine for producing commercial print jobs in the half-size format. The press can be equipped with two to 10 printing units, a perfecting device and an optional coating unit. A new inking and dampening system ensures that the SM 74 delivers first-class print quality on every run. For highest productivity, the press can be integrated completely into a digital workflow system. A six-color Speedmaster SM 74 with perfector, coater and extended delivery will be on display in Heidelberg's Commercial Print Solutions center.
- Stahlfolder TH 82/4 with Speedbander 603 - The Stahlfolder TH 82 buckle plate folding machine, which features a 32-inch in-feed, represents a new dimension of professional folding. Part of the TH/KH generation of Stahlfolders from Heidelberg, the TH 82 delivers the quality and speed that buyers now expect of commercial print shops and binderies. Changeover times on the TH model are reduced by efficient automation components and ergonomic operation. In addition, overall output is increased by comprehensive workflow integration and maximum flexibility with a modular machine concept. Complete integration of this folding machine in both the production line and the management workflow increases the transparency of job handling. Commercial printers can take advantage of the full potential of the TH 82 by combining it with a high-performance delivery system, such as the Stahlfolder Speedbander 603. This completely automated pack delivery accepts folded sheets, stapled or stitched products, stacks them into packs, sleeve-wraps them and outputs them at an ergonomic working height.
- Stahlfolder Ti 36 - Available in various configurations, the Stahlfolder Ti 36 folders enable a wide range of miniature folding applications. The system excels in creating very small folds and is ideal for serving lucrative markets such as package inserts. The first and second units can be equipped with four or six buckle plates and an attachable knife folding unit after either of the two buckle folding stations adds cross fold capabilities. The Stahlfolder Ti 36 is equipped with the DCT 500 digital control system, which incorporates all the controls into a clearly organized, central console for easy operation. In the Commercial Print Solutions area of its booth, Heidelberg will display a Stahlfolder Ti 36/6/4 model.
- Eurobind 1200 Inline - The Eurobind 1200, Heidelberg's ergonomically designed perfect binder, runs a wide range of products and substrates. This professional four-clamp adhesive binder is simple and easy to operate, offering maximum convenience with minimal changeover times. It takes only minutes to convert the machine to a new format using hand wheels with scales, ensuring outstanding productivity and top quality perfect binding. The Eurobind 1200 integrated with a space saving cooling tower and three knife trimmer will be on display in Heidelberg's Commercial Print Solutions center.
- POLAR Cutting System 115 XT with BT Bander - The POLAR 115 XT high-speed cutter is combined with a stack lift, automatic jogger, buffer, gripper-loading system, loading and unloading system to form the POLAR Cutting System 115 XT. The equipment offers short setup times and a high output with sturdy construction and a direct precision measuring system. The top-of-the-line model POLAR 115 XT offers numerous extra functions and modes of operation. At PRINT '05, the POLAR 115 XT Cutting System will be displayed with a BT bander. The POLAR single-head BT Bander bands label stacks supplied by the cutting machine via a buffer/loading table. The BT Bander is particularly suitable for banding square cut labels, postcards and similar materials.
Also on display at PRINT '05 are Heidelberg's carefully tested and selected consumables offerings. Designed to ensure optimum performance and minimization of waste, Heidelberg consumables include the full support of Heidelberg's technical team. Heidelberg experts will be onsite in the Commercial Print Solutions area of the booth to recommend the most suitable consumables products designed to meet the needs of commercial printers.
For more information on Heidelberg's Commercial Print Solutions, stop by the Heidelberg booth at PRINT '05 or visit www.us.heidelberg.com/hd/print05.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.