Heidelberg's Updated Prinect Experience Returns To Chicago
Press release from the issuing company
KENNESAW, Ga., June 27, 2005 – At PRINT ‘05, Heidelberg USA will feature its highly regarded Prinect workflow system, the company’s answer to a computer integrated manufacturing environment, in a tour called the Prinect Experience. Highly popular at drupa 2004 and Graph Expo and Converting Expo 2004, the Prinect Experience will demonstrate Heidelberg’s Prinect portfolio from the creation of an estimate through the completion of the job. Prinect is demonstrated in the following core areas: Prinect Production Solutions, Prinect Color Solutions and Prinect Management Solutions.
As the guided tours will demonstrate, the finely-tuned interaction of the Prinect family of integrated workflow components increases the efficiency of the production process, offers greater workflow transparency and accelerates job flow. Prinect helps printing companies fully realize their potential, allowing users to enhance performance and achieve greater profit margins. Tailored to meet customers’ specific needs, the portfolio of fully-integrated software identifies which products will fulfill a company’s individual business requirements.
Designed as a highly modular, scalable and open system, Prinect is easy to apply and can be continuously expanded to meet evolving printer needs. The flexibility and reliability that Prinect provides gives companies a crucial competitive advantage that can be further enhanced thanks to the increasing JDF-compatibility of all components in the Prinect workflow. The Job Definition Format (JDF) is administered by the CIP4 consortium of major industry suppliers, as well as printers and well-known industry organizations. JDF means that all components speak the same language, regardless of the manufacturer. Thanks to the integration of JDF, Heidelberg’s Prinect products can be connected and work seamlessly and easily with a company’s existing products.
“Prinect enables printers to produce reliable, high-quality results for their customers while running their business in the most efficient way possible,” said James Mauro, Prinect product manager, Heidelberg USA. “With Prinect Color Solutions, printers gain an added benefit of achieving maximum color fidelity throughout the workflow – a critical competitive differentiator that often can mean the difference in a successful sale for their customers.”
Centrally located and prominently featured in the Heidelberg booth, the Prinect Experience will bring JDF to life at PRINT ‘05. This year, the experience consists of nine integrated workstations demonstrating how printers can employ CIM for highly efficient print production while leveraging their existing equipment. Tour information is available at the Prinect Pavilion in Heidelberg’s booth.
The portfolio of Prinect products includes the following solutions:
- Prinect Color Solutions – Increasing demands on the quality of printed products and shorter production times make reliable color management a key ingredient for the success of a modern-day print shop. Prinect Color Solutions products coordinate color management to achieve maximum color -delity throughout the work-ow and deliver true-color, cost-effective production. Presetting, measuring, calibration and pro-ling are integrated into a highly-automated cycle that leads to desired inking results with reduced makeready, especially when changing jobs. This is achieved by ensuring that all systems are optimized and integrated for the highest possible efficiency. Continuously monitoring quality during production ensure that the printer can react quickly to changes in printing variables such as stock, ink, blanket wear, etc.
- Prinect Printready System
- Prinect MetaDimension
- Prinect Signastation
- Prinect Prepress Interface
- Prinect CP2000 Center
- Prinect Image Control with PresetLink and Color Interface
- Prinect Profile Toolbox
- Prinect Quality Monitor
- Prinect Management Solutions – For print shops, a high proportion of costs lies in estimating and job preparation. By integrating business management processes from costing, planning and acquisition of
operating data to invoicing, dispatch and post-costing into the workflow, Prinect Management Solutions create a virtually transparent workflow leading to cost-effective production. The software ensures rapid, reliable handling of growing numbers of inquiries and considerably improves the transparency of job status information. A new component of Prinect Prinance Web.Connect, allows a printer’s customers to initiate estimates (RFQ’s) by interacting directly with Prinect using their Web browser.
- Prinect Prinance 4.5
- Prinect Prinance Web Connect
- Prinect Data Control
- Prinect Press Reporting
- Prinect Production Solutions – By accelerating throughput across the
entire production process from prepress and press to finishing, Prinect
Production Solutions optimizes the link between individual production
areas. The software decreases makeready for presses and bindery
equipment and enhances flexibility. At this year’s PRINT, Heidelberg is
introducing Printready P, a new gateway to Printready that allows
easier adoption of the basic software. In addition, remote access is
another new feature that allows registered users to access production
data via the Web.
- Prinect FCS100
- Prinect Printready System
- Prinect Printready Remote Access and Content Management
- Printready Mac Web Client
- Production Mac
- Prinect MetaDimension
- Prinect MetaShooter
- Prinect Signa Station PC
Key features of Prinect include:
- Process security
- One-time data capture, allowing printers to save time and avoid mistakes through multiple data input
- Process plan templates to standardize processes for certain categories of print jobs
- Alerts in case of process abnormalities
- Ongoing documentation on current job status
- Order modifications can be included at any process step
- Fast re-quoting and re-planning
- Transparent workflow
- Production and cost control through feedback from Prinect Management Solutions
- Identification of optimization opportunities and bottlenecks
- Increased efficiency
- Configurable, reusable process plans
- Repeat jobs
- Ensure color consistency and quality throughout production run - Significantly increases potential of devices using presettings, providing faster makereadies and less waste
- Safety of investments
- Start small and migrate big: Prinect is an open architecture based on standard interfaces, including PDF, CIP4-PPF and CIP4-JDF
- Upgrades to modernize older presses and other equipment to keep them competitive with newer models
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's go-to information source with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, WhatTheyThink Email Newsletters, and the WhatTheyThink magazine. Our mission is to inform, educate, and inspire the industry. We provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today's printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.