Heidelberg Hosts Its Most Successful Open House In Mt. Prospect
Press release from the issuing company
KENNESAW, Ga., - May 7, 2003 - Heidelberg hosted a very successful Technology Days Open House on May 1-2 in the Mt. Prospect Technical Center. More than 273 attendees experienced the latest in prepress, press, direct imaging, postpress and digital workflows.
"This was the most successful show we've ever had in Chicago," said Thomas McTernan, central regional manager.
One of the highlights of the show was a seminar on hybrid printing and coating. Heidelberg assembled a team of experts that presented information on how UV can enhance printers' businesses.
Other seminars included:
• Going digital in an offset world
• Post press solutions for commercial printers
• Prinect and JDF. A representative from Adobe presented
Heidelberg made the latest technology available for printers to experience and get one-on-one feedback and answers to their questions. Equipment on display included:
• New Quicksetter 300E
• Printready - Heidelberg's new, soon to be released, fully automated workflow using the JDF standard
• Prinect automation from job entry to finishing with our new CIM system
• NexPress 2100 digital color press
• Digimaster 9150 high-speed digital press
• MetaDimension- Heidelberg's PDF digital workflow
• Printmaster QM 46 2-color
• Speedmaster CD 102 6-color with coater and hybrid capabilities
• Speedmaster SM 74 8 P&L with 4 over 4 technology
• Speedmaster 52 5-color with coater
• Quickmaster DI Pro and Quickmaster DI Plus
• Prosetter 74 - Heidelberg's affordable violet laser direct-to-plate technology
• SpinJet - two-sided, 4-color imposition proof
• HP 5000 - high quality digital contract proof with state of the art ICC color management
• Polar System 2 cutting system with Autotrim and Compucut
• Stahl Folder TI55, USA B-26, and ST-400 saddle stitcher
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.