KENNESAW, Ga., July 11, 2007 – Heidelberg will focus on high-tech, high-performance solutions for companies of all sizes at the 2007 Graph Expo, where the print media industry leader will showcase the latest in graphic arts technology innovation. Booth visitors can experience Heidelberg’s commercial print, packaging, small business and workflow solutions at Booth #1200 at the tradeshow, which is being held in Chicago at McCormick Place on Sept. 9-12, 2007.
“We believe that by blending our historic expertise in hardware with an equal commitment to optimizing efficiencies at all stages of the printing process, Heidelberg has become the only print technology provider capable of bringing the entire package together,” said Jim Dunn, president, Heidelberg USA. “Our new HEI Tech theme conveys the unique fusion of Heidelberg tradition and Heidelberg technological innovation, which can be seen in our prepress, press, and postpress equipment as well as in our Prinect workflow solutions. We invite printers to see first-hand what technology can do for their businesses at Heidelberg’s booth at Graph Expo.”
Among the technologies that Heidelberg will demonstrate at Graph Expo are the following:
- Speedmaster XL 105-6+LX: This ultra productive press will be shown as a six-color model with coating unit and extended delivery, where it can be applied in either commercial or packaging settings due to its ability to accommodate a wide range of substrates. The XL 105 will once again prove what its users state: the fast makereadies and real production speeds of up to 18,000 iph result in significantly increased net productivity. Further make-ready time reductions at consistently high quality standards will be demonstrated by using Prinect Inpress Control.
- Speedmaster SM 52-4+LX with Anicolor technology: This zoneless short inking unit brings the fastest makereadies and highest color consistency to sheetfed offset printing. The innovative anilox inking unit achieves outstanding print quality in less than 20 sheets. Together with complete Prinect Color Management, the Anicolor technology is easy to use and keeps offset competitive with run lengths as short as 250 sheets and below. Due to the unique Alcolor dampening system, presses equipped with Anicolor have no special plate requirements, ensuring easy integration into any shop’s environment.
- Prinect Inpress Control: This technology provides the first inline device for sheetfed presses that uses spectrophotometry to measure color and control registration on the fly, even when the press is running at peak performance speeds of up to 18,000 sheets per hour. Prinect Inpress Control ensures faster makeready with significantly less paper waste while achieving consistently high quality standards. Inpress Control is being shown on the Speedmaster XL 105-6+LX and Speedmaster CD 74-6+LX presses at the show.
- Speedmaster SM 102-8-P+LX with Preset Plus technology and Cutstar CAN: This solution combines cost-saving features of the Cutstar roll-to-sheet feeder with high-end perfecting and professional inline coating. This combination brings XL 105 technology to the SM 102. The new Preset Plus Delivery transports the perfected, coated sheets contact-free from the coating unit and into the delivery pile. It’s the first time the Cutstar roll-to-sheet feeder has been completely integrated with the CP 2000 press console, providing full integration and increased efficiency.
- Varimatrix 105 CS Die-Cutter: This new die-cutter from Heidelberg provides a flexible and cost-effective die-cutting and embossing solution for small- to medium-size packaging businesses that demand high-end quality and productivity. The Varimatrix cuts and embosses paper weighing 80 gsm and over, board and solid board up to 1,400 gsm and corrugated board up to 4mm thick at speeds to 7,500 sheets per hour with a maximum cutting force of 331 tons. Formats range from 15x6 inches to 30x41 inches.
- ECO 105 Folding Carton Gluer: Shown with an automatic case packer, the ECO 105 is an ideal solution for both small and large business owners entering into professional folding carton gluing. The cost-effective ECO 105 handles all major carton types and specialty cartons, and has quick changeover ability with overlapping roller bars to ensure steady, twist-free transport of blanks. Visitors will experience the ECO 105’s flexibility, top-processing quality and high output.
- FoilStar: This cold-foil technology produces metallic effects inline. Available for the Speedmaster CD 74, CD 102 and XL 105 presses, it now offers the capability of processing cold foil with up to six variable web widths.
- systemservice offerings: In addition to walking printers through its industry-leading systemservice 36plus solution and the Heidelberg Partner Program, which allows customers to build a custom service plan for their needs, Heidelberg will unveil a new systemservice technology at the show. This breakthrough technology, named eCall, will enable presses to automatically communicate impending service issues directly to Heidelberg.
Heidelberg’s booth will be divided into four primary solution areas to make it easier for printers to find solutions relevant to their business needs. Areas will include:
- Small Business Solutions: In addition to a range of prepress, press, postpress and workflow solutions designed specifically for the small business owner, Heidelberg will spotlight the Heidelberg Printers Advantage program at Graph Expo. This comprehensive resource is designed to assist small business printers with information and business solutions to help them solve problems unique to small business enterprises.
- Packaging Solutions: Booth visitors can see Heidelberg’s recently enhanced offerings for the packaging market. Offerings span the gamut from equipment that produces simple folding boxes to premium-quality finished cartons for luxury goods. Heidelberg’s proven press solutions, Varimatrix 105 CS die-cutter and ECO 105 folding carton gluer all will be on display at Graph Expo.
- Commercial Solutions: From sophisticated platesetters and presses for commercial applications to highly automated bindery solutions that easily can be integrated into the digital workflow, Heidelberg offers a wide range of commercial print solutions. New solutions on display at Graph Expo will include the Anicolor inking technology, the fully integrated Cutstar CAN roll-to-sheet feeder option and highly automated POLAR PACE cutting systems. Other postpress highlights will include Heidelberg’s Stahlfolder (a folder aimed at small business printers also will be on display in the Small Business area) and the Stitchmaster ST 450 saddlestitcher, which boasts high performance and reliable quality at speeds up to 14,000 cycles per hour. The ST 450 made its North American debut at last year’s Graph Expo show, where it drew crowds for its quick makereadies and fast production speeds.
- Prinect and CtP Solutions: Heidelberg Prepress offers a complete range of CtP and workflow solutions, including the Prinect family of integrated workflow products. At Graph Expo, Heidelberg will display several of its CtP solutions, including the Prosetter family of violet CtP solutions and the Suprasetter family of thermal solutions. Visitors can experience Prinect Pressroom Manager, the world’s first JDF-based prepress to pressroom system capable of controlling and managing all data required in print production. Prinect Pressroom Manager can be integrated seamlessly into the Prinect Integration System, which functions as an overarching process control system that coordinates all data flows while centrally managing and storing data. The system integrates all information from production and administrative processes at a single point and makes complex production transparent and seamless. Prinect Prinance performs every relevant task from cost estimates and job handling to invoicing and costing. After jobs are complete, it provides information for follow-up costing and statistical analysis.
Eight “HEI Tech” spots, or presentation areas, located throughout the Heidelberg booth will give visitors an eight minute overview of product features and benefits. HEI Tech spot topics will include: Prinect and CtP; Small Business Solutions for Your Advantage; Anicolor Inking Technology – Redefining Offset Printing; Speedmaster SM 102 – One-Pass Productivity; Speedmaster XL 105 – Proven Peak Performance; Packaging – Die-Cutting and Folder Gluers; Postpress Automation – Cutting, Folding and Saddlestitching. HEI Tech spots will run throughout the show.
Heidelberg Consumables, systemservice and Heidelberg Certified Remarketed equipment will occupy special sections of the Heidelberg booth, where show attendees can meet with experts and learn more about Heidelberg’s offerings in these areas. Heidelberg’s Print Media Academy (PMA) will have its own section of the booth, in which it will feature presentations by several recognizable industry speakers. PMA sessions, which will run throughout the show, are free and attendance is on a first-come, first-served basis. PMA presentations will cover topics such as: Offset with 1:1 Results; Print: Opportunities in Brand Security & Integrity; Process Improvement Concept; Top 20 Pressroom Problems; Sales Representative & CSR Compensation; Press Process Control Relating to UV and Hybrid UV; Stochastic Simplified; and ROI on Color Management among others.
Below are a few key facts about Heidelberg’s presence at Graph Expo:
- Size of booth: more than 31,300 square feet (the largest booth at the show)
- # of Heidelberg staff at show: 250
- # of sheetfed presses on display: five
- # of postpress machines on display: 10
- # of live demo jobs: 30
- # of “HEI Tech” spots: Eight, plus 15 PMA presentations
For a HEI TECH experience, stop by the Heidelberg booth (#1200) at Graph Expo. Heidelberg also will be displaying prepress solutions in the Xerox (#1219) and Hewlett Packard (#1229) booths.