OAKLAND, Calif.---Oct. 23, 2002--Go2Paper, a leading provider of e-business tools and services for the global paper industry, announced today new features to its' Paper MarketPlace. The online Paper MarketPlace, located at www.go2paper.com, already considered the number one online source for printing and writing paper has just gotten better.
The new features include:
* A new graphical interface providing more information and sorting capability. For instance, quickly sort by Paper Type, Roll Size, Basis Weight, Pounds, or Location.
* New bidding capability, improves speed and convenience in reaching agreements between buyers and sellers linking the accepted bid directly to the purchase order.
* A new Purchase Order process with ability to add multiple items to one PO, edit and delete addresses, change or cancel PO's, and more complete information.
* A Measurement Converter providing various calculations to convert Basis Weight, Price, Total Weight, Total Cost, and Length.
* Ability to quickly email a listing to a friend or colleague.
* Extended search capability to quickly find paper. Search by Grade, Basis Weight, Roll Size, Pounds, and Seller.
"We are very pleased to be offering these new features for our members. Over the past year, we have listened to their suggestions and have done our best to implement many of those suggestions into the MarketPlace," said Mike Conran, CEO of Go2Paper. He added, "We have seen tremendous growth over the past year so it's critical that we keep the technology moving forward to meet their requirements."
Kevin Donovan, President of Rol Paper, an active user of Go2Paper's MarketPlace, comments, "In addition to our normal sourcing methods we've been using Go2Paper's MarketPlace to find quality prime paper at very attractive prices. These new features make it even easier for us to quickly find and negotiate for great paper deals. To me, the site is the ebay of printing and writing paper."
Membership to the Paper MarketPlace is free and sellers pay a transaction fee for sold listings.
Go2Paper, based in Oakland, CA, is a technology company providing online solutions for the paper industry, including the Paper MarketPlace, an online source to buy/sell paper, the Private Web, the Paper Manager, and Professional Services.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's go-to information source with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, WhatTheyThink Email Newsletters, and the WhatTheyThink magazine. Our mission is to inform, educate, and inspire the industry. We provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today's printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.