Roland 200 Gets New Ink Control System and an In-line Dryer Option
Press release from the issuing company
October 11, 2002 -- MAN Roland’s most affordable press — the Roland 200 — is now available with a new ColorPilot Smart ink control system, designed to cut makeready time and improve the printing performance of the press. An integrated IR and UV dryer can also be incorporated into the press as a option.
The R200 is designed for printers looking to move up to four-up, four-color printing, for in-plants, and for any facility seeking to add extra production firepower to its pressroom.
Available in two-color, four-color and five-color configurations, the compact Roland 200 is a 13,000 sph, 20 x 29-inch format sheetfed press offering users superb print quality with ease of operation. The press handles a wide range of stock from onionskin paper to 32 pt. board and foil.
The advanced operator console on the Roland 200 is integrated into the delivery and provides a wide range of functional benefits. They include sample register settings for the page and the total page count, remote color control, as well as the setting of the ink stripe on the ink vibrator.
Other features include:
- Compact design with a small footprint to fit even the most demanding floor space requirements
- Productivity from features like an integrated delivery operator console for viewing the job and quickly making inking adjustments – all without moving from the delivery of the press
- Double-size impression cylinders and transferters
- Fast, accurate digital press control
- A suction feedboard subsystem and pneumatic sidelay to accurately feed sheets
- Automatic adjustment for stock thicknesses of 0.04 to 0.8 mm
- Remote setting of lateral and circumferential registration
- Precise dampening from a five-roller system, speed-compensated including three change rollers
Number of printing units 2 - 5
Sheets per hour 13,000
Maximum sheet size 20.5 x 29.13 inches (520 x 740 mm)
Minimum sheet size 8.27 x 11 inches (210 x 280 mm)
Maximum image area 20.08 x 28.94 inches (510 x 735 mm)
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's go-to information source with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, WhatTheyThink Email Newsletters, and the WhatTheyThink magazine. Our mission is to inform, educate, and inspire the industry. We provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today's printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.