Xerox and EFI Partnering to Create Very High Power Controllers
Press release from the issuing company
CHICAGO--Oct. 7, 2002--Electronics For Imaging and Xerox announced today that they are working together to create new powerful controllers. EFI, a world leader in software and hardware imaging solutions, and Xerox are establishing a new initiative that combines EFI's powerful new Fiery Q4000 color server with Xerox's DocuSP color controller. This will bring together EFI's advantages of ease of use, award-winning quality, and Xerox's production hardened dependability to drive Xerox production printers.
"EFI's Fiery servers have powered Xerox's most popular printers and multi-function devices for years," said Guy Gecht, CEO of EFI. "We are proud they chose EFI's Q4000 technology for integration with the Xerox DocuSP open architecture to drive the new color production printers. Our deep expertise in variable data printing, color management and workflow will provide the outstanding quality and powerful performance that corporate reproduction departments and quick print professionals demand in professional printing environments."
"Opening up the DocuSP architecture will enable many new and powerful workflows for our customers. EFI's Fiery technology is globally recognized and deployed in countless print-for-pay, corporate and production environments world wide," said Anthony Federico, Senior Vice President, Development for Xerox Document Systems and Solutions Group.
Xerox DocuSP drives a broad array of Xerox production printers from the DocuTech monochrome printers to the DocuColor iGen3 full color digital press.
The Q4000 with Xerox DocuSP will include many of EFI's acclaimed technologies for proofing, VDP, color control and robust performance, among them:
* Variable Data Printing -- EFI's open platform solution supports VIPP, PPML and as well as legacy languages, enabling the production printers to run at their full rated speed even with the most demanding variable data jobs.
* Fiery System 5 software -- the best of EFI's acclaimed software technologies in one comprehensive solution.
* Graphic Arts Package -- EFI's toolkit for achieving consistently accurate color and print quality while enhancing workflow and productivity.
* Color Profiler(TM) -- enables the creation of ICC profiles with CMYK to accurately describe the printer's color response.
* Production Features -- Automated production workflow, including mixed media support, will optimize productivity on production printers.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.