Women in Graphic Media and Technology at GRAPH EXPO in Chicago
Press release from the issuing company
WamNet! and WGMT will sponsor a hospitality suite on Monday October 7th from 4–7 p.m. at the Hyatt Hotel.
Chicago, IL, (October 4, 2002). WGMT (Women in Graphic Media and Technology) www.WGMT.org is pleased to announce that they will be exhibiting at the upcoming GraphExpo Show being held at McCormick Place from October 6th – 9th, 2002. Sponsored by IDEAlliance (www.IDEAlliance.org) and Raine Consulting (www.RaineConsulting.com) , WGMT will be exhibiting at the IDEAlliance booth #2575. In addition, WamNet! and WGMT will sponsor a hospitality suite on Monday October 7th from 4–7 p.m. at the Hyatt Hotel. Those interested in attending to meet other members and WGMT representatives are encouraged to visit booth #2575 to get the exact location of the hospitality suite.
"At the booth there will be representatives from the Association as well as information about the organization and member sign-up forms. We are very excited to have a presence at this very important show." says Susan Kelly, Managing Partner for Raine Consulting and member of the core believer group for WGMT.
"This national industry association was formed to serve professional women in the graphic media and digital technology fields. Women have been identified as the next leadership group and are considered to be the "target market" in many industries, including graphic communications."
WGMT is Dedicated to:
- Influencing and impacting policies, practices, and politics for the Graphic Media and related Technology industries;
- Participating in Affiliate Associations to raise the profile of women in their integral involvement in industry growth and standards management, as well as awareness of diversity issues;
- Increasing the number of women in leadership roles in graphic-media and technology-based companies by offering job networks and "Women on Boards" programs;
- Helping women increase their vertical industry knowledge and networks to be highly-valued, technology-literate leaders;
- Encouraging young women to choose careers in graphic arts and related technologies;
- Honoring genuine accomplishments, entrepreneurial spirit, and community efforts that best serve the advancement of women's progress.
Katrina Teague, Principal at the executive search firm Heidrick & Struggles, says, "We are seeing the momentum. We had a successful first event at IDEAlliance’s Spectrum Conference held in Phoenix last week and we expect the same will happen at GraphExpo."
About WGMT: The Association for Women in Graphic Media and Technology (WGMT) is dedicated to setting an example of a Public-Private partnership in today's society. WGMT will promote the professional development and growth of women through Mentoring, Job Boards, Networking, Motivation, Empowerment, Venture Consulting, Recognition, and Support Services. WGMT charter membership is now open to all professionals, women, men, corporations alike with the desire to contribute to the successful advancement of women within the converging fields of Graphic Media and Digital Technologies. Visit www.WGMT.org or www.IDEAlliance.org to secure your charter membership status.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.