Digital Duplicator Offers Efficient, Economical Performance With Embedded Connectivity
WEST CALDWELL, N.J.--Aug. 5, 2002--Ricoh Corporation, the Dependable Digital(TM) output company, today introduced the Ricoh Priport JP5500, a 120-page-per-minute digital printing solution, which delivers superior print quality and a wide-range of custom and standard ink color options.
This mid-level, 400 dots-per-inch (dpi) system will be targeted for use in school systems and universities, religious and non-profit organizations, corporate environments and select print-for-pay venues. The Priport JP5500 boasts a high-performance engine featuring dual cylinder configuration and improved ink delivery. Other features include Adobe PostScript3 connectivity, 12"x17" paper-size capability and envelope and thick stock feeding.
Advanced engineering features include:
* Dual-cylinder paper clamping - uses an advanced cylinder to provide a larger paper press point
* Ink delivery system - provides an image with sharper edges on type and headlines and ultra-fast dry time with no ink set-off
* Optional color cylinder - allows expansion of color palette, increasing document creativity
* Tint Mode - enhances creative control by permitting the shade of each ink color to be adjusted
* Letter/Photo Auto Separation, Letter and Photo Modes - enables the production of sharper prints that combine text and pasted photographs
* Pencil Mode - enhances duplication of lightly toned originals
When combined with the Type 80 Internal Controller, the Priport JP5500 can print from any connected Windows, Macintosh or networked operating system. This print controller is Ricoh-manufactured technology and includes true PostScript3 language for a wide range of control and ripping performance. The Type 80 features SmartNetMonitor, an advanced printer management solution that provides real-time access to information such as paper settings, misfeed alerts, job history, security features and workflow management with other Ricoh Aficio digital products.
The Priport JP5500 is now available at a suggested retail price of $12, 355.00.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.