callas software, market leader for automated PDF quality control and archival solutions, today releases version 9.2 of its pdfToolbox product line. The main new feature in pdfToolbox 9.2 is the ability to search for fix-ups, checks, profiles … across multiple libraries, but a host of smaller features can be found throughout the product.
Libraries have transformed the way people work with Checks, Fixups, Profiles and Process Plans: the ability to store those by product or client for example is a great time-saver. However, sometimes you just want to find an item you know you worked on, but you don’t remember where it was. In pdfToolbox 9.2, there is the ability to see all Checks, Fixups and so on with the Library they are in next to it, and there is a separate 'Search Libraries' window to enable very detailed searches.
Other additions to pdfToolbox 9.2
The new update release introduces the following smaller features:
- Some Switchboard Actions now feature a help button at the bottom. This button leads to the callas software documentation website at: help.callassoftware.com. Not all Switchboard Actions have this yet, more will be added as time goes by.
- The 'Ask at runtime' and 'Variable editor' windows feature better keyboard shortcut support.
- More information is provided in the XML report for the output intent in a document, and there is a new Fixup (“Embed output intent with specified parameters”) that lets you embed an output intent without first having to create it in the pdfToolbox preferences.
- The 'Place text' and 'Place page number' Fixups allow adding a white background behind the added text.
- The 'Outline page geometry boxes' Fixup has the possibility to select which sides of the page box should be outlined (instead of always outline all of them).
- The 'Rotate page' and 'Set page geometry boxes' Fixup supports using a check to define which pages should be changed. This makes it possible for example to only rotate pages 3, 7 and 10 by using a proper preflight Check that uses the sequential page number.
- The 'Enlarge page' Fixup can be performed on specific pages as well, and it has new options to select which side of the page should be enlarged.
Availability and price
callas pdfToolbox 9.2 is immediately available:
- The update to pdfToolbox 9.2 is free of charge for pdfToolbox 9 users. Note that you can keep your pdfToolbox 9 keys for this update.
- pdfToolbox Desktop for manual processing as a plug-in within Adobe Acrobat or standalone, starts at € 499. An upgrade from pdfToolbox 8 costs € 199 and an upgrade from pdfToolbox 7 costs € 299.
- pdfToolbox Server, CLI and SDK for fully automated, hands-off processing and integration in other solutions start at € 3 999. Upgrades to pdfToolbox Server 9.2 are included in the Support and Maintenance Agreement. Customers without an active maintenance agreement should contact their local reseller or Four Pees.