St. Louis, MO – Masterpiece Graphix–a leading substrate coater and manufacturer–has expanded its custom coating services to accommodate an increase in demand. Masterpiece Graphix’s management team attributes this growth to the company’s unique consultative approach to coating projects which includes comprehensive research and development services led by CEO and 36-year industry veteran, Doug Watson.
“Customers can come to us with just an idea of how a coating can help their business. Then it’s our job to help them take that idea and create a coating solution that meets their business and budget needs,” explained Watson. “In addition to being a full coating house, customers see us as a resource for problem solving.”
Masterpiece Graphix also offers customers the rare ability to coat roll to roll, roll to sheet and sheet to sheet with drying capabilities that far exceed industry standards. The company provides ink-receptive coatings for HP Indigo, dry toner, and ink jet digital printing presses as well as decorative and functional coatings including gloss, soft touch, conductive, food and skin grade, heat activated, chemical resistant and more.
Masterpiece Graphix’s expanded coating capabilities include:
- Patterned coating
- Water-based full flood coating for ink reception
- Functional coatings including gloss, soft touch, conductive, and hard coat
- Seven custom-built coating production lines, including roll to roll, roll to sheet, and sheet to sheet up to 36 x 48 inches with edge to edge coating
- Production line width up to 22 inches, master rolls up to 40 inches OD
- All production lines are custom built
- Extensive drying capability up to 850 ft./m, far exceeding flexographic industry standards