Kennesaw, GA, – Visitors to Graph Expo Booth 1200 will be able to view the newest enhancements to Heidelberg's Prinect workflow and learn how to "get Prinected" from order intake to job completion as they witness Prinect solutions for integrated production, color management, MIS, and Web-to-Print in live action.
Among showings of special interest will be the preview of Heidelberg's new Prinect Web-to-Print solution, a fully functional electronic storefront that provides better brand control, business growth opportunities, and the ability to streamline internal processes.
The New Business of Print Procurement
The demand for web-based print procurement is increasing as printers gain the ability to create, customize and distribute all kinds of documents and collateral materials via electronic storefronts that enable their customers to order efficiently, 24/7, with fewer errors.
Web-to-Print technology promotes efficiency, works to establish tighter alignment with customers, and helps boost profit margins by:
- Driving cost out of the sales cycle
- Enabling the customer to enjoy the convenience of error-resistant, menu-based ordering at any time of the day
- Aiding in the creation of new documents that can be uploaded and downloaded electronically
Heidelberg's turnkey Prinect Web-to-Print solution is designed to be customizable, as well as to give users websites with the look and feel they want, a workflow that meets their needs, and the ability to integrate it seamlessly with other systems within their organization (CRM system, digital asset management system, mail list databases, production workflow system, or MIS product).
Heidelberg will be implementing a series of exclusive features in its Prinect Web-to-Print solution, including:
- Preflighting based on actual parameters of the automated production system. The system confirms that a job will print or plate because it uses the same preflight engine from production that will release the job for print.
- Exact rendering of the soft proof generated by the production system, rather than by the storefront.
- Gang automation that enables positioning of different-sided jobs on the plate for sheet optimization and pressroom efficiency.
Each of these unique Web-to-Print features adds to an ever-growing list of advantages offered by Heidelberg's tightly integrated and automated print shop workflow.
Automation Is the Key to Profitability
Production automation is a key investment area printers can employ to produce a profit, even in today's harsh economic environment. When production is automated, many of the tasks previously handled by operators are eliminated and error-free. Computerized communication takes place between devices, saving time and labor.
Heidelberg's Prinect workflow is a completely automated production system that has integrated the traditionally separate areas of management, prepress, press and finishing into a single system. Prinect has the ability to integrate all kinds of output devices-including proofers, platesetters/imagesetters, and both offset and digital presses, including superwide inkjet presses - into a single workflow. And all can be color-managed so the entire print campaign maintains the same look and feel. In short, Prinect integrates and optimizes the performance of your print shop and helps you achieve greater profit margins.