Show Management Addresses Concerns About Coronavirus Cases in the U.S.
Atlanta, Ga. – In the wake of the coronavirus cases established in the U.S., Digital Signage Expo (DSE) show management today affirmed that the event will be staged as planned March 31 – April 3 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
“We take the concern about the coronavirus in the U.S. seriously, as we do the health and safety of all of our participants,” said Chris Gibbs, president of Exponation LLC, which produces DSE, “and so does the Las Vegas Convention Center, where the event is being held. Management there is following established protocols to keep all participants of events at the LVCC as protected as possible.”
In addition to following all CDC and Health District, Southern Nevada protocols, the Las Vegas Convention Center has:
• Increased cleaning protocols to include more frequent wiping and disinfecting of touch points in its facility during occupied show hours, such as door handles, elevator buttons, handrails, restroom stall doors and sinks.
• Added additional hand sanitizer stations in strategically placed areas throughout the facility.
• Increased the outside air intake/air change rates during occupied show hours.
• Reinforced its standard employee health practices, including sending employees home and/or encouraging employees to stay home if they are sick or demonstrated health symptoms that could impact fellow colleagues or guests.
• Reinforced its standard food safety awareness programs including frequent hand washing and making alcohol-based hand gel/rub available at every food station and every table at food outlets.
• Continue to participate in ongoing webinars and conference calls with the International Association of Venue Managers to stay abreast of new practices, protocols and guidance.
“We also have been assured by the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority that area hotels and restaurants are maintaining high-level cleanliness and standards, as the safety of their visitors is of the highest priority,” said Gibbs.
The Health District, Southern Nevada is continuing to work with the CDC, state, and local response partners to closely monitor the situation. Additional information and updates are available on the Health District website at www.southernnevadahealthdistrict.org/coronavirus.
Lastly, among the “top 10” countries experiencing cases of the coronavirus, as of today, the U.S. has the second lowest number of cases and a very low death tally:
LOCATION CASES DEATHS
China 80,430 3,013
S. Korea 6,088 40
Iran 3,513 107
Italy 3,089 107
Diamond Princess 696 6
Germany 444 0
France 377 6
Japan 361 6
Spain 259 3
USA 164 11
UK 115 0