Avery Dennison Crowns 10 Regional “Wrap Like A King” Challenge Winners
Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Press release from the issuing company
The global “King of the Wrap World” will be announced in booth #12659 at the SEMA Show.
Mentor, Ohio – Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions today announced the 10 regional winners from its annual Wrap Like A King Challenge.
Wrap installers from 53 countries across the world were invited to submit full-print or color-change wrap projects to be judged for the chance to win thousands of dollars in prizes. The projects were completed featuring options from the Avery Dennison Supreme Wrapping™ Film portfolio including Conform Chrome, MPI 1105 Supercast Digital film or a combination of car wrap films to be evaluated against their regional peers by a panel of judges.
The following vehicle graphics installers and shops have been crowned the Regional Wrap Kings:
- North America East: The “Nebula Graffiti GR” project, designed by CORSA Auto Design and wrapped by Empire Vinyl Co.
- North America South: The “Creature from the Wrap Lagoon” project, completed by the MetroWrapz team.
- North America Central: The “Deathstroke McLaren 650s” project, designed by Eric Gosselin of ECD and completed by PG Nola.
- North America Midwest: The “P57” project, completed by IVS Wraps. The project was a one-off design, printed and installed in-house.
- North America West: The “Willys - Chrome Punisher” project, completed by Incognito Wraps.
- Canada: The “Spiderghini” project, completed by Sapphire Creative.
- Europe North: The “Printed Chrome Caracachews Wrap” project, completed by Venom Wraps.
- Europe South: The “Lamborghini Aventador” project, completed by M-Wrapping.
- Europe Eastern, MENA: The “BMW M135i / Artist” project, completed by WrapStyle s.r.o.
- Europe Central: The “Parrot in Flowers” project, completed by SIGNal Design GmbH.
The international panel of judges reviewed every submission using their wealth of experience and knowledge to thoughtfully select the most impressive projects, ultimately naming the top 10 Regional Wrap Kings. The eight judges evaluated each project by the following criteria: visual transformation (difference between the before-and-after photos submitted), quality of workmanship and skill level of installation, overall public appeal and uniqueness of the design.
The 2019 panel of judges included: Justin Pate of The Wrap Institute; Myles Kovacs of DUB Magazine; Yianni Charalambous of Yiannimize; Eddy Speelman of Speelman Graphic Applications; Molly Waters of Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions; Peter Wright of Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions; Sarel Krüger of Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions; and Frank Marquart of Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions.
“We’re amazed with the level of creativity that was put into each of the projects submitted this year,” said Abby Monnot, senior global segment manager, Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions North America. “The panel was impressed with how many installers found a way to bring imaginative concepts into reality using Avery Dennison products. We’re proud that we are able to provide a platform in which installers can showcase their work to the world.”
Each Regional Wrap King will be awarded nearly $2,000 worth of personalized marketing materials, Avery Dennison products and passes to the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas, Nevada from Nov. 5-8, 2019.
To be announced on Oct. 1, Avery Dennison will reveal the four continental winners. These winners will receive a four-night stay in Las Vegas for the SEMA Show where the global King of the Wrap World will be crowned in booth #12659 on Nov. 5. The King of the Wrap World grand prize package is worth almost $5,000, with additional gift vouchers and exposure via the Avery Dennison website and web advertisements.
For more information on Avery Dennison vinyl for car graphics and where to buy Supreme Wrapping Film, visit graphics.averydennison.com. Join the conversation on Avery Dennison Graphics Solutions’ social channels, including Facebook and Instagram, and by following the hashtag #WLAK2019.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free