Syncro Soft, the developer of the Oxygen XML suite of products, is excited to announce the immediate availability of version 21.1 of its industry leading XML editing suite of products, Oxygen XML Editor, Author, Developer, Web Author, WebHelp, and Oxygen PDF Chemistry, as well as version 1.2 of the collaboration product Oxygen Content Fusion.
Oxygen PDF Chemistry, the CSS-based paged media processor, is no longer in a BETA stage, it is included in Oxygen XML Editor/Author/Developer as the default PDF publishing engine, and also now available as a separate commercial option for those who want to use it outside of Oxygen.
Version 21.1 of the Oxygen suite of products brings you a variety of new features and improvements that focus on productivity, performance, efficiency, and simplicity.
New Features and Improvements in Oxygen XML Editor/Author/Developer 21.1 include:
* DITA authoring was enhanced with a new Resource Hierarchy/Dependencies view, the ability to quickly find similar topics, improvements when pasting table content, and better results when searching for references to images.
* DITA publishing to PDF using CSS was updated to provide the possibility of adding a mini-TOC at each chapter, support for internationalization, new parameters to control deep numbering options, and you now have the ability to style topics depending on their role.
* HTML5 support was added to provide specialized editing features for HTML content, without treating it as XHTML. The brand new HTML editor offers various editing features such as a new document template, folding support, syntax highlighting, content completion, and a built-in validator.
* JSON users now have a tool for generating sample JSON instances from a JSON schema, the JSON document template now includes several customization options, and JSON Schemas with multiple references are resolved correctly.
* XSLT developers now have proposals in the content completion for XSLT 3.0 accumulators, better support for text value templates, and transformation improvements.
* The Oxygen PDF Chemistry CSS-based processor received various updates, including support for the CSS level 3 functions 'target-counter' and 'target-counters', and the 'colspan' and 'rowspan' attributes now work as expected for tables.
* Other features and improvements include internationalization for the proposals listed in the Content Completion Assistant, a new XPath function that returns the current platform, and nested editor variables are now supported.
* As always, this release includes numerous other requested features, API additions, bug fixes, and component updates.
For the complete list of new features in Oxygen XML Editor, please visit
The main focus for this release of Oxygen XML Web Author was to make it compliant with the Section 508 accessibility standard, making it accessible for everyone, including those with disabilities.
Other new features added in Oxygen XML Web Author version 21.1 include:
* Support for specifying and configuring a backup license server.
* The ability to control the default set of characters that will appear when a user inserts special characters.
* A new plugin is available that provides a toolbar button for doing a manual spell check.
* Various new APIs, performance and stability improvements, and more.
For the complete list of new features in Oxygen XML Web Author, please visit
Oxygen Content Fusion enables simple and streamlined collaboration and was designed to adapt to any type of workflow, so it can be used and integrated into any documentation review or collaboration process.
New Features added in Oxygen Content Fusion version 1.2 include:
* The possibility of deploying the Content Fusion Enterprise Server on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 or CentOS 7.
* The ability to specify a custom email address that will be listed as the sender for notification emails.
* It is now easier to resume editing after the user remains idle for too long.
* For DITA documents that contain content references (or content key references), the reviewer can now choose to open the source document in editing mode so that they can make or propose changes in the source content.
* The built-in editor (Oxygen XML Web Author) was updated to its latest version.
For the complete list of new features in Oxygen Content Fusion, please visit
Oxygen XML Editor/Author/Developer 21.1 can be freely evaluated for 30 days from
Oxygen XML Web Author can be tested online at
Oxygen Content Fusion can be evaluated for free. For more information, see
To purchase Oxygen XML Editor, Author, Developer, PDF Chemistry, or WebHelp, please visit the Oxygen XML store at
The Oxygen XML Web Author is available through several subscription packages at
To take full advantage of Oxygen Content Fusion, an Enterprise server is required. There are several subscription packages available at