Attendees of Runbeck Election Services open house last week were introduced to the new world of creative TED-C shape cut envelopes, along with the latest in complex mail match inserting as part of the open house plant production tour of their new production facility in Phoenix, AZ. PIA members who were attending the Presidents Conference meetings also were given a personal tour of the Runbeck production facilities and had the opportunity to take away samples of this one of a kind envelope specially designed for the event.
Andrew Schipke, Vice President Sales and Marketing at W+D North America, said “we wanted to support our great partner Runbeck, and allow their VIP customers and guests to see the potential that Runbeck’s three BB700 inserters, including their newest BB700-S2, offered their clients. W+D designed a special shape-cut envelope and produced it on a W+D 410 envelope machine at another great W+D partner – ANRO in PA. ANRO printed, then shape-cut and embossed a special tactile feel into the offset paper on their W+D 410 envelope machine. This one of a kind TED-C (Trailing Edge Die Cut) with tactile feel envelope qualifies for USPS full automation rates and an additional 2% rebate from the USPS as part of 2019 USPS promotions program. The inserting application shown was a complex read and print of two personalized pieces, highlighting W+D’s Auto Mismatch Recovery technology which automatically verifies, and syncs, without stopping the machine, personalized inserted materials to an addressed envelope to assure total mail package accuracy”.
W+D is the leader in inserting systems for multi-format and challenging direct mail applications, and is leading the way in growing Vote-by-Mail (VBM) inserting solutions. VBM solutions are driven by 100% on time performance and integrity requirements, and W+D’s BB 700VBM inserting and ballot solutions have been one of the keys enabling leading VBM processors to succeed in this challenging and growing mail application segment. And importantly, the system used for complex VBM applications is the same system that allows for the processing of both simple and highly complex direct mail products.
W+D inserters do what other inserters cannot:
- Shape cut, undersized envelopes 4” x 5 1/2” and up to 10” x 13” envelopes
- Tight packages < ¼” total clearance
- Diverse envelope styles: cardboard mailers, baronials, diamonds
- Widest variety of feeders for coin/card affixing, notepads, stickers sheets, odd shape/heavy booklets; and proprietary feeder technology for handling of thick multi-folded ballot stock
- Multiple personalization – Auto Mismatch Recovery (Patent Pending)
- Multiple options for inline personalization of content and envelope -1 to 4 colors
- Batch feeding - either static or dynamic – and selectivity are standard
- Thick packs up to 6/10” and optional 1" thick package capability
For more information on TED-C shape cut mail email email@example.com or W+D BB700 S2 inserters email firstname.lastname@example.org.