Nice Threads: Agfa Graphics Expands Duratex Fabric Line at SGIA Expo
Monday, October 22, 2018
Press release from the issuing company
Flag, stretch, knit, and block out are knockouts
Elmwood Park, N.J. – In one of its most comprehensive Duratex media introductions to date, Agfa Graphics North America expands its fabric line to meet the quality and value standards of today’s discerning customers. Duratex fabrics offer woven and knit materials that provide rich, brilliant color reproduction. These sturdy yet lightweight, washable textiles are easy to handle and transport, are reusable and can be folded; all characteristics that are catching the attention of today’s print buyers.
“Soft signage and digitally printed fabrics are projected to grow at an estimated 20% per annum, making it one of the fastest growing wide format segments,” states Larry Salomon, Vice President Wide Format, Agfa Graphics North America. “The success of our Duratex Polyfab and PolyFab Opaque fabric line begged the expansion, with seven new products for SGIA and possibly more before year end.”
Agfa Graphics is the largest supplier in North America of flexible and rigid substrates to the graphics communications industry.
The new Duratex line includes:
- Duratex Stretch Fabric - A 100% polyester, heavyweight fabric with excellent color reproduction, good opacity and 2-way stretch for SEG framing systems, tradeshow booths, exhibit graphics, and backdrops.
- Duratex 280g Power Stretch Display Fabric - A heavyweight 4-way stretch fabric offering opacity and excellent color reproduction that easily stretches over tension displays fabricated for pillowcase-style graphics. Power Stretch is wrinkle resistant and works well for curved and irregular shaped aluminum frames, column wraps and pop-up booths.
- Duratex 180g Soft Knit - A 100% polyester lightweight fabric that is wrinkle and crease-resistant offering a very soft drape for SEG framing systems, table throws and general display applications.
- Duratex 300g Heavy Knit Display Fabric - A 100% polyester heavyweight fabric with moderate opacity and excellent color reproduction for SEG framing systems, tradeshow displays, table covers, and backdrops.
- Duratex 265g Premium Black Out Display Fabric - A 100% polyester, black-backed opaque, heavyweight fabric with a black polyurethane coating that provides excellent opacity for single-sided transfer and blocks readthrough.
- Duratex 52g Silk Flag – A 100% polyester, ultra-lightweight, extremely sheer fabric with a silk-like appearance that flows easily and offers excellent bleed through for tradeshow, flag, and retail display applications.
- Duratex 115g Premium Flag – A 100% polyester lightweight, open weave fabric offering excellent bleed through for backlit applications, feather flags, and outdoor pole flags.
The Duratex brand serves UV, latex, solvent, and dye sublimation markets with quality products at competitive price points. Duratex media spans value selections in banner, backlit, adhesive backed, textile and rigid substrates.
Unique to Agfa Graphics is the team of highly trained application specialists serving customers as a resource for improving print quality and efficiency. Customers enjoy Agfa’s ongoing printing and installation guidance as a value-add not offered by other manufacturers.
The team of inkjet specialists will be available to discuss the Duratex line as well as other Agfa technologies and services at SGIA 2018 in booths #1460 & 1561 from October 18 – 20 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free