At Healthcare Packaging Expo, Constantia Flexibles to Showcase Expanded Offerings in Digital Printing, Child-Resistant Packaging and Stick Packs
Friday, August 24, 2018
Press release from the issuing company
Highlights include high-resolution digital printing capabilities, innovative laser-perforated stick pack options, and dedicated child-resistant packaging website, www.protect-the-kids.com
Blythewood, S.C. – Constantia Flexibles, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of flexible packaging products for market leaders in Pharmaceuticals and Consumer Products, will be touting a technological breakthrough at Healthcare Packaging Expo Booth W-863, October 14-17 in Chicago: The company’s Pharma Division now operates a multicolor UV inkjet digital printing machine capable of high-definition resolution (up to 720 x 1260 dpi).
The sophisticated equipment can print on aluminum blister foil, coated and uncoated paper, PET and paper laminates. For quality assurance, the machine features a web inspection system that cross-checks approved customer artwork.
Also at Healthcare Packaging Expo, Constantia Flexibles will be showcasing its expanded portfolio of Stick Pack solutions. Following the installation of new state-of-the-art equipment, including a narrow web and short-run slitter with enhanced laser perforation capabilities, the company now offers stick pack solutions encompassing a wide range of benefits:
- Pre-determined breaking point for convenient, easy-to-open packaging
- Integrated perforation of packaging with no necessary equipment modifications
- Flexible perforation-layout to accommodate varying customer needs
- Child-resistant options
- Both printed and unprinted offerings
- Package remains impermeable to O2, moisture
- Significantly lower use of material compared with sachets, equaling a cost savings of up to 40% on square sachets and associated costs such as reel storage, space reduction, etc.
Sophisticated laser technology is key to the popularity of Constantia’s stick packs. Laser perforation allows for a broad array of opening features to be incorporated into primary packaging material – with no effect on a customer’s preferred packaging process. The packages are comprised of PET/AL/PE or even paper/AL/PE to protect the contents against moisture, oxygen and light. A laser perforation ensures easy opening.
Finally, Constantia Flexibles will be highlighting its extended efforts in – and expanded options for – Child-Resistant Packaging solutions. Evidenced by its dedicated child-resistance packaging website, www.protect-the-kids.com, Constantia is at the forefront of Pharma’s ongoing push to improve child safety without inconveniencing intended end users. Through the years, the company has developed an impressive portfolio of solutions including:
- Blister packaging achieving an F=1 child-resistant rating – the highest possible
- A two-step “Bend & Tear” process combining different opening mechanisms
- A “Pinch & Tear” solution requiring a folding motion per on-product instructions
- Peel-only & Peel-and-push solutions in which products are accessed by removing one or more exterior layers
- Reinforced materials requiring added strength to open, meeting CR requirements without additional opening features
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free