Heidelberg Speedmaster XL 105 Perfector To Be Demonstrated At Graph Expo
Monday, September 15, 2008
Press release from the issuing companyKENNESAW, Ga. – September 15, 2008 – Heidelberg will demonstrate its new Speedmaster XL 105 press with perfecting device (XL 105-P) for the first time in the U.S. at Graph Expo 2008. Built on the basis of Heidelberg's award-winning Speedmaster XL 105 platform, the XL 105-P can print and perfect at speeds of up to 15,000 sph. Show attendees can experience the perfecting press in action at Heidelberg's fully-integrated "print shop," booth #1200 at the tradeshow, which is being held in Chicago at McCormick Place on Oct. 26-29.
The XL 105-P made its worldwide debut at drupa 2008. Early users of the new press have reported a 30 to 40 percent increase in productivity over previous perfecting presses seen at drupa 2000 and drupa 2004.
"With margins under pressure in today's market, the XL 105-P is the logical choice for printers looking to improve margins through one-pass productivity and high-quality output," said Clarence Penge, vice president of sheetfed product management for Heidelberg. "Recognizing that efficiency is more important than ever in the print industry, we designed the XL 105-P with the latest in perfecting and printing technologies to give printers a competitive advantage in the marketplace."
End-to-end preset abilities on the new XL 105-P coupled with an enhanced three-drum perfecting system ensure fast and easy operation for even the most challenging print jobs. The press can print and perfect up to 24-pt. board at a maximum sheet size of up to 750 x 1050 mm. Some additional features of the XL 105-P include:
- Automatic presettings – Operators can pre-set the XL 105-P by simply entering the sheet size and thickness during the estimating or prepress processes or directly at the press. The press can be pre-set for the amount of blast and suction air in the feeder as well as for functions related to sheet transfer, the perfecting device and the delivery. This comprehensive, end-to-end preset functionality significantly reduces make-ready time and guarantees accuracy.
- Advanced automation in perfecting– Using the technology of Heidelberg's user-friendly Prinect Press Center, the perfecting device on the XL 105-P features fully automatic changeover capability. Set-up processes are aligned and repeat jobs can be easily stored. All changeover processes leverage intelligent sensor technology.
- Superior storage drum – Sheets are turned over with the help of a new storage drum that features channel supports to ensure front-to-back registration and an eccentric suction bar that tautens the sheet for perfect alignment. The eccentric perfecting drum, with its large stock range and adaptation, easily handles thick boards or the finest papers.
- Smooth sheet travel – Sheets are guided through the perfecting motion with the help of Dynamic Sheet Distance Control, which preemptively monitors and corrects the sheet's position as it transfers to the opposite side. Air jets are then implemented along with Venturi guide pans to further aid sheet travel in this complete transfer system specially designed for the XL 105-P.
- Preset Plus delivery – Advances in the delivery, including the patented Venturi sheet guide, allow a sheet wet with ink to be transported at 15,000 sph while avoiding any contact with the press. Before the sheet makes its final entry into the delivery, the PowderStar AP 500 Duo applies the precise amount of powder and air cover on both sides of the sheet. The Patented Dynamic sheet brakesensure perfect pile formation in the delivery, and can easily be modified according to the print job.
The XL 105-P at Graph Expo will be shown as a 10-color model with Prinect Inpress Control, which providesthe fastest registration and closed loop color control available. Heidelberg also will demonstrate Prinect Color Management on the XL 105-P using Image Control, the world's most flexible color measuring system that uses spectrophotometry. In addition to the new press, Heidelberg will showcase its full line of Prinect workflow solutions as well as a range of other prepress and postpress solutions at Graph Expo. Booth visitors also can learn about Heidelberg's Saphira Consumables, Systemservice solutions and Certified Remarketed by Heidelberg offerings.
For additional information about Heidelberg at Graph Expo, visit www.us.heidelberg.com.
Copyright © 2018 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved