QuarkXPress 2018 is Coming May 16, 2018
Friday, March 02, 2018
Press release from the issuing company
Denver, Colo. – Quark announced the upcoming availability of QuarkXPress 2018, the next new full version of Quark’s graphic design and page layout software. Coming on May 16, 2018, QuarkXPress 2018 will bring designers and creative professionals new powerful typography, print and digital publishing features necessary to meet daily creative and productivity demands.
Over the past three years, Quark has added major features and functionality to QuarkXPress – and QuarkXPress 2018 is no exception. The top user-requested features combined with a host of industry-leading functionality makes QuarkXPress the best version ever.
What’s New in QuarkXPress 2018?
The new features and functionality in QuarkXPress 2018 fall into a few main categories: unsurpassed typography, professional print and digital publishing, streamlined user interface (UI), and customer wish list features.
- First-Class OpenType Controls: Rather than hide OpenType options in multiple submenus, OpenType is now easier to access, use, and control.
- Color Fonts Support: QuarkXPress 2018 is the first layout application that fully supports Color Fonts. (Emoji icons on smart phones are examples of color fonts.) QuarkXPress supports Color Fonts in SVG, SBIX and COLR formats and can be used in print, PDF, and digital outputs.
- Upgraded Font Listing: Font listing has been overhauled to help designers make the best typographic choices. Font Family and available Font Styles (Roman, Bold, etc.) are now listed in two separate combinations and can be mapped to the type styles buttons P/B/I in the palettes and dialog.
- Hyphenation Strictness Levels: Choose between five hyphenation strictness levels – for example, hyphenate everywhere it’s grammatically correct or only hyphenate compound words. Select the strictness level that is best for the publication – or decide for each individual paragraph.
PROFESSIONAL PRINT PUBLISHING
- Direct InDesign® IDML Import: With more and more InDesign users switching to QuarkXPress, it was time to make it even easier to migrate. The new native InDesign IDML Import in QuarkXPress 2018 converts InDesign IDML documents directly into the QuarkXPress format.
- callas® PDF Print Engine: The best PDF technology on the market - the callas PDF engine containing Adobe’s PDF Libraries – means higher-quality PDFs, PDF/X and PDF/A, driven by two of the best PDF technology providers.
- Tagged/Accessible PDF: Accessibility compliant PDFs are not just important but often mandatory. HTML5 is an obvious choice; however often workflows require accessible PDFs. The new PDF engine, combined with new tools for accessibility, make this possible.
UNLIMITED DIGITAL PUBLISHING
- Create Android Single Apps: QuarkXPress 2018 expands on the ability to create unlimited iOS single apps by adding support for creating unlimited single apps for Android devices – completely free, directly from the desktop, no server, no login, no additional cost.*
*Google Play Store Developer Account required, which requires associated costs.
- HTML5 Export Optimizations: HTML5 Publications and ePub now export even more items as native HTML5 elements. This includes support for type styles (Outline, Shadow), Tables as HTML tables, Anchored text boxes, grouped boxes and Tables, non-solid rules, footnote separators and Index entries as Hyperlinks.
- Digital Preview Improvements: New responsive HTML5 Preview options are available when authoring in QuarkXPress 2018, including: Page Preview, Layout Preview, Project Preview.
- Grouped Items Interactivity: Add interactivity, for example, Buttons, Animations, Audio and Video to groups.
STREAMLINED USER INTERFACE
- Powerful User Interface: Windows users now benefit from a new powerful measurement palette that offers access to all attributes of QuarkXPress items and typography without obstructing the layout. Instant preview (with the ability to apply and revert). And all shortcut commands remain the same!
- Vertical Measurement Palette: A powerful new floating measurement palette provides access to all controls and attributes, is keyboard addressable, and includes all previous shortcut keys. Remember old modal CMD+M dialog? It’s also scrollable with easy-to-read labels. (macOS only)
EVEN MORE WISH LIST FEATURES
- Digital-to-Print Conversion (Digital First Workflow)
- Span Footnotes over Columns
- Different frames for each side of a box
- 10 to 1000% Print Scaling
- Flip Groups
- And more…
Buy QuarkXPress 2017, Get QuarkXPress 2018 FREE Pre-order Offer
Buy or upgrade to QuarkXPress 2017 now and receive QuarkXPress 2018 completely FREE when it arrives on May 16 this year! All QuarkXPress users on versions 3-10, 2015 and 2016 as well as those purchasing the Competitive Upgrade are eligible for the Buy QuarkXPress 2017, Get QuarkXPress 2018 promotion. Customers who already own QuarkXPress 2017 can pre-order the QuarkXPress 2018 upgrade and save 15% in March, 10% in April and 5% in May until QuarkXPress 2018 arrives. All pre-order customers will be among the first to receive the new release a few days before it is publicly available.
QuarkXPress 2017 and the QuarkXPress 2018 pre-order upgrade are available for purchase through the Quark Store, from our Quark telesales team or from any of our Authorized Resellers.
Learn more about the offer: www.quark.com/2018.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free