Kodak Releases 2016 Corporate Responsibility Report
Thursday, November 02, 2017
Press release from the issuing company
Report Highlights Company's Ongoing Commitment to Environmental Solutions
ROCHESTER, NY, Wednesday - Kodak today announced the release of its 2016 corporate responsibility report, highlighted by the company’s commitment to achieving 10 new environmental and social sustainability goals by 2025. In addition to detailing Kodak’s goals, the report, titled, “See Us Now,” provides a view of Kodak’s social and environmental sustainability efforts in place today throughout the company and across the globe. The report details measures Kodak both has in progress and is aiming to implement focused specifically on reducing waste and creating energy efficiencies, reducing emissions, conserving water and improving employee and community engagement.
“At Kodak, we continue to leverage our deep domain expertise in scientific innovation to provide the most advanced and environmentally-friendly technologies to reach our goals,” said Jeff Clarke, CEO of Kodak. “I’m excited about the programs we have in place and am looking forward to what the growing adoption of our sustainable technologies will mean for the future as we look to move the needle on better environmental practices.”
New Goals, Strong Commitments
Kodak’s aim is to continue the progress it has made against environmental goals through a variety of measures taken over recent years. One example is the implementation of state-of-the-art wastewater treatment in its Osterode, Germany manufacturing facility, which has now reduced its demand for water from public sources by an amount equivalent to the needs of 2,000 people per year. Similarly, Kodak’s Eastman Business Park in Rochester, N.Y. has repurposed its solvent recovery operations, once used for film and chemical manufacturing in the 1920s, to recycle 40 million pounds of methanol, ethanol and other potentially hazardous materials in 2016.
Looking ahead, by 2025, Kodak’s aim across all global operations is to commit to working towards a number of environmental and social sustainability goals*, including:
- Waste: Approach zero waste at Kodak sites worldwide by achieving 99% overall waste diversion from landfill and incineration.
- GHGs: Reduce greenhouse gas emissions from worldwide Kodak operations by 25%.
- Water: Reduce water consumption from worldwide Kodak operations by 25%.
- Water/Energy: Enable Kodak customers to reduce water consumption, energy consumption, greenhouse gas emissions and fossil fuel energy consumption with innovative products and alternative energy solutions.
- Recycling: Triple the quantity of spent solvents recovered by Kodak from external sources.
- Safety: Achieve 25% reduction in Occupational Injury Rate.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Maintain 100% Human Rights Campaign Foundation (HRC) Index score and continue to be included on the organization’s list of “Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality” each year.
- Community Outreach: Double the number of hours Kodak employees support local communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. Maintain employee community service engagement in 100% of communities in which Kodak operates worldwide.
* Based on a 2016 benchmark
About the Report
Kodak’s 2016 Corporate Responsibility Report is its first since 2013. In the period since, because of Kodak’s adoption of a new enterprise strategy, sharpened focus on new priorities and reorganization of global operations, this report does not attempt to compare 2016 environmental data to measures from previous years. Every effort has been made to comprehensively report data on a worldwide basis, encompassing all Kodak-owned and -leased facilities. Although this document was not prepared in strict accordance with Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) standards, Kodak has endeavored to report environmental performance and safety data in a manner consistent with GRI G4 definitions.
To view Kodak’s full corporate responsibility report, “See Us Now,” visit: www.kodak.com/go/sustainability
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free