Mimeo’s Fleet of Kodak NEXPRESS Presses Powers New Approach to High-Value Content
Friday, May 19, 2017
The Challenge: To Mimeo, it was evident that the way many companies manage high-value content was ripe for disruption. They saw the wasted hours and lost productivity spent by staff printing and assembling presentations; the logistical challenges in distributing large volumes of printed content, like shipping training manuals to far-flung office locations; and of course, the costs associated with printing, from the investment in machines to recurring maintenance costs.
“Mimeo is the Netflix of print. Through technology, we provide our customers a better way. In just a few minutes a customer can place an order online, with guaranteed delivery around the world the next day. Once a customer tries our service, they’re hooked.”
- Doug Bohaboy, Mimeo’s VP of Marketing.
The Solution: Mimeo emerged to solve these problems. They had a vision to combine printing technology, rising Internet connectivity and reliable logistics to replace a time-intensive, internal process with an easy online interface for uploading, building, proofing and ordering of RFPs for delivery as early as the next morning. A critical part of this process is Mimeo’s printing hubs, which are powered in part by a fleet of fifteen KODAK NEXPRESS Digital Production Color Presses. Mimeo was looking to address a growing shift in customer demand to shorter runs and a greater variety of applications and substrates.
“To us, our goal across the organization is to make everything run as smoothly and efficiently as possible. We create processes that empower people to make the right decisions. We want to make it as hard as possible to do a job incorrectly. That’s the case for our operators and for when a customer places an order. NEXPRESS plugged right into this ecosystem. It outperforms in so many areas, and when it's under extreme pressure, it consistently delivers quality output. It’s also given us back lots of time by saving 60% in time across our printing operation.”
- Andrew Nied, Mimeo’s Chief Supply Chain officer
- Mimeo’s award-winning print-on-demand solutions have lowered document-related costs and improved employee productivity for over 50,000 organizations in 140 countries.
- Customer orders are sent in from around the world and vary from a few brochures to thousands of copies.
- At over one billion impressions and counting, NEXPRESS is a workhorse for Mimeo and its wide range of customers.
- In one instance, Mimeo helped the Motorola Solutions sales team take back “30% of their time standing in front of printers” according to the manager of their North American proposal center.