DocRecord Now Integrated With Canon's MEAP
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y. - Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging, and Prism Software, a leading provider of advanced electronic document solutions, today announced the integration of Prism's DocRecord and DocSystem applications with Canon's advanced MEAP enabled imageRUNNER line of multifunction printers (MFPs).
Since pioneering the embedded MFP software development platform with the launch of MEAP (Multifunctional Embedded Application Platform) in 2003, Canon has been working with leading third-party software vendors, customers and dealers to develop custom MEAP based applications that simplify the interaction between users and Canon's devices, while tying tightly into a user's specific workflow. The new MEAP version of Prism's DocRecord, an electronic document management application for mid-sized organizations, will allow users to automatically batch-scan and manually-scan documents directly to DocRecord folders along with corresponding indexing information. Using MEAP technology, DocSystem, an advanced electronic document and print workflow application, will let users both automatically batch-scan and manually-scan documents directing into DocSystem workflows.
"Prism is taking full advantage of the powerful MEAP technology to build a value-added solution for imageRUNNER MFPs that gives users in all industries advanced and money-saving document management and workflow with substantially increased end-user convenience," said Dennis Amorosano, senior director, Solutions Business Development Division, Canon U.S.A.
"Prism is very pleased to provide the market with an easy-to-use and fully integrated method of accessing the power of DocRecord and DocSystem directly from the control panel of Canon's imageRUNNER MFPs. This provides users of imageRUNNER MFPs a greatly more efficient method of quickly processing their critical documents," said David Ayres, chief executive officer, Prism.
Key features of DocRecord's and DocSystem's integration with Canon MEAP enabled imageRUNNER MFPs include:
- Reduce effort and time by scanning documents directly into DocRecord from the Canon MEAP-enabled imageRUNNER;
- Prompt the user for necessary document metadata, including document name, index values, and document type classification;
- Automated routing and indexing of single and bulk-scanned documents, utilizing both zonal and full page OCR to recognize text and barcodes; and
- Integration with Microsoft Office, ability to view more than 300 file types, versioning, check-in and –out controls, Bates stamping and more.
- Scan documents into the DocSystem workflow process of choice directly from the Canon MEAP-enabled imageRUNNER MFP;
- Prompt the user for any necessary information at the time of scanning, and utilize this information within the workflow process; and
- Automate routing, processing, and workflow of all types of documents, including approval-based workflows, eSignatures, converting files to other formats and Bates stamping.