Mohawk Showcases Growing Portfolio of Packaging Papers and Folding Boards with New TWELVEResource
Friday, September 16, 2016
Cohoes, NY – Mohawk, North America’s largest privately-owned manufacturer of fine papers, envelopes and specialty substrates for commercial and digital printing, is unveiling a new resource called TWELVE, designed to showcase a versatile and growing collection of expertly engineered packaging papers and folding boards.
The TWELVE kit highlights samples of Mohawk’s tactile papers for premium packaging. The outside container for the TWELVE kit is a memorable marriage of 2 very different papers: Curious Collection Skin Pink with its signature smooth surface and super-saturated color, laminated to Curious Collection Particles Snow featuring subtle, snow-like flecks and 100% post-consumer waste. Pasting these two sheets suggests the possibilities The Curious Collection offers to creating a memorable and high-impact packaging design.
“Whether a project calls for sustainable materials, rich color, or beautiful textures, Mohawk has assembled a versatile portfolio of papers available worldwide which bring sophisticated visual appeal and superior performance to a brand’s most demanding packaging product,” says Chris Harrold, Vice President and Creative Director, Mohawk.
The TWELVE packaging kit contains a dozen die cut boxes featuring a selection of tactile packaging papers. Shimmering metallics, distinctive textures, and exquisite colors showcase the understated elegance of the Mohawk, Arjowiggins and Curious Collection packaging paper lines:
- Mohawk Superfine Eggshell Ultrawhite 23 pt/150 cover/420 gsm, match gray, rose gold foil, deboss
- Curious Collection Metallics Lustre 16.4 pt/111 cover/300gsm, match dark gray, rose gold foil, deboss
- Butterfly Original Brilliant White 16.3 pt/130 cover/350 gsm, match gray, matte gold foil, deboss
- Mohawk Loop Antique Vellum Straw 16.8 pt/110 double-thick cover/298 gsm, match dark gray, copper sheen foil, deboss
- Delos Regular Blanc 16.5 pt/118 cover/320 gsm, match dark gray, copper sheen foil, deboss
- Strathmore Premium Wove Mahogany 17.8 pt/130 double-thick cover/352 gsm, match metallic, copper sheen foil, deboss
- Mohawk Loop Feltmark White 19 pt/130 cover/352 gsm, match gray, dark pink foil, deboss
- Curious Collection Skin Black 15.8 pt/141 cover/380 gsm, match metallic, dark pink foil, deboss
- Mohawk Carnival Groove White 22.5 pt/160 double-thick cover/432 gsm, match gray, copper sheen foil, deboss
- Mohawk Carnival Linen New Black 16.5 pt/130 double-thick cover/352 gsm, match metallic, black foil, deboss
- Mohawk Chromolux Cover 700 High White 18.1 pt/400 gsm, match gray, black foil, deboss
- ArjoPack Wove Extra Black 20 pt/148 cover/400 gsm, match metallic, dark pink foil, deboss
From folding boards to hang tags, and box wrap to shopping bags, Mohawk’s portfolio features a wide range of beautiful whites, colors, finishes and weights to enable brands to create consistent visuals across an entire suite of packaging and promotional materials. Mohawk can also manufacture to custom specifications – including brand color matches, unique textures, wet strength or built in security.
Mohawk’s expertise in packaging papers draws on 85 years of papermaking craftsmanship, a nearly obsessive attention to detail and a well-established reputation for customer-focused collaboration. Mohawk’s celebrated portfolio includes papers trusted by global brands, discriminating designers and printers around the world.
Mohawk’s long-standing commitment to environmental sustainability continues with packaging papers which are FSC® certified, contain postconsumer waste fiber and are also made carbon neutral within our production processes and are certified by third parties.
Ready-made or custom-made, Mohawk offers papers and folding boards with excellent printability, superior folding characteristics and exceptional runnability from the pressroom to the packaging line.