MBO America Fills Void in Postpress Market with New BSR 550 Basic Rotary Die Cutter
Tuesday, August 16, 2016
Press release from the issuing company
NEW JERSEY, USA - When MBO America debuts the BSR 550 Basic rotary die cutting system at Labelexpo Americas next month, the majority of label, package, and commercial print providers will have the opportunity to buy the die cutter that's been missing from the market: a solid, high-performance machine offering premium benefits - such as the fastest make-ready in the category -- for both digital and offset, and at a price the majority can afford.
Fastest Make-Readies for Shorter and Shorter Runs
The BSR 550 Basic is an all-in-one rotary die cutting system designed for the mainstream 20 × 29" cut sheet market. A key innovation in the system's design eliminates manual production steps, resulting in 5 minute make-readies. This industry-exclusive benefit substantially improves productivity and turn-around times, especially as the industry demands shorter runs.
MBO America will show the BSR 550 Basic, built by the same engineers who designed the high-end BSR 550 Servo rotary die cutter, in its Labelexpo exhibit located in hall F, stand #6165; directly adjacent to the digital finishing pavilion.
The BSR 550 Basic's advanced engineering and versatility allows printers to produce:
- presentation folders,
- business cards,
- greeting cards,
- folding carton blanks,
- tags and labels, and
- many other products in a one-up or multi-up production setting - thanks to an improved infeed, easy change magnetic die cylinders, and tool-less components at the waste stripper, 5 minute make ready times are achievable.
"The BSR 550 Basic name has starpower in the market because it not only offers premium quality features, it does it all at a price point that allows entry into the efficient rotary die cutting market," says Lance Martin, Director of Sales, MBO America.
"Current production trends require short runs, fast make-ready, and even variable data," Martin says. "The BSR 550 Basic meets these needs head on at an entry level price."
The Cleanest, Fastest, Make-Ready
The BSR platform's exclusive, integrated waste removal strips out the matrix and internal scrap inline with no touches - eliminating messy and time-consuming manual steps. Instead of traditional methods required in other systems, such as separating the waste matrix from the product with a hammer and chisel and then grinding the resulting rough edges, the system uses dies that cut clean through the sheet, producing a perfect edge without nicks, and allowing waste to fall away instantly as the desired product advances downstream.
The BSR 550 Basic offers:
- Integrated pile feeder, waste removal, and shingled stream delivery
- New infeed system - 4 Tornado Vacuum Wheels for additional control at the infeed
- Flexible Die Technology with quick change magnetic die cylinders
- Patented Bograma sheet registration at die cylinder resulting in unmatched cut accuracy
- 8,000 cycles/hour (approximately 110 m/min)
- Sheet ejection prior to die if alignment is impossible
- Minimum workable format size: 11 7/8 Inch X 8 1/4 Inch (297mm X 210 mm)
- Maximum workable format size: 21 1/2 Inch X 29 1/2 Inch (550 mm X 750 mm)
- Minimum workable thickness: 80 gsm
- Maximum workable thickness: 0.5 mm
- Touch screen display
- Weight: 2800KG
- Dimension: 207 inch (5234mm) L x 53 inch (1335mm) W
The BSR 550 Basic is perfectly suited to commercial offset and/or digital commercial printers, packaging, folding carton, and a seemingly infinite number of specialty markets, including:
- Presentation Folders
- Business Cards
- Tag & Label
- Garment Label
- Paper Products (booklets)
- Direct mail
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free