MGI Makes History and Prints the Future at Drupa
Thursday, July 07, 2016
Press release from the issuing company
MELBOURNE, FL – MGI Digital Technology announced a record-breaking sales achievement of signing over a hundred equipment orders at drupa 2016, while also earning a place in print industry history with numerous important digital technology advancements and accomplishments.
At the largest print trade show on Earth, MGI demonstrated new landmark product innovations such as:
- The world’s first B1+ Digital Enhancement Press, the JETvarnish 3D Evolution
- The world’s first web-fed Label Digital Enhancement Press, the JETvarnish 3DW
- The world’s first fully digital inline printing and foiling press, the Meteor Unlimited Colors Series
- The world’s first use of Artificial Intelligence for print registration, the AIS SmartScanner
MGI CEO Edmond Abergel summarized the event as the most successful single event in the firm’s history and stated, “In addition to the record-breaking number of equipment orders that were signed on the show floor, our staff, dealers and distribution networks have been inspired by the overwhelming industry response to our latest technology breakthroughs. We look forward to working with all our new customers around the world to implement the most advanced digital print technology solutions available in the marketplace.”
Continuing a legacy of postpress innovation at drupa that began with the invention of the world’s first digital spot UV coating solution in 2008, the original JETvarnish, MGI expanded its award-winning product family with a number of new features that drew record crowds to the booth and caused a sensation on the show floor:
- Authentication Hologram Digital Printing© (AHDP) System: The world’s first Variable Data Hologram (VDH) program is available on the Meteor Unlimited Colors Press Series and offers customized security authentication options at a fraction of traditional costs.
- OptiFoil System: This software application manages and optimizes foil usage and cost-savings while reducing expenses and waste, something never possible before with traditional methods of hot foil stamping.
- Self-Cleaning Inkjet System: The automatic inkjet head Self-Cleaning System results in no cleaning processes being required between jobs or at the end of a work shift. It dramatically reduces operational time and waste.
International Award-Winning Technology
The “Digital Package Decoration Process” invented by MGI and utilized by the JETvarnish 3D and Meteor Unlimited Colors product families was recently honored by the International DuPont Packaging Awards program with the first “Leadership in Innovation Award” ever bestowed in the 28 years of the globally prestigious program.
The European Digital Press Association (EDP) presented MGI with a special “Best Label Finishing Solution Award” for the JETvarnish 3DW at a drupa ceremony. Editors from 20 different European print industry magazines voted to honor the product as the premier digital label enhancement solution in the marketplace.
The JETvarnish 3D/iFOIL integrated print enhancement technology is also the first inline finishing solution to ever win 2 Printing Industries of America (PIA) InterTech Technology Awards (JETvarnish 2013 & iFOIL 2015).
At drupa 2016, MGI also provided a technology preview of the ALPHAJET, the first inkjet press capable of applying 2D/3D UV decorative embellishments, security inks and printing chip-less RFID antennas.
Expansion of Global Konica Minolta Alliance
Drupa 2016 also witnessed the impressive growth the international partnership between MGI and Konica Minolta, with strong sales numbers recorded for the JETvarnish 3D Evolution, the JETvarnish 3DW and Meteor Unlimited Colors Presses (all of which were also being demonstrated in the Konica Minolta booth).
The workflows surrounding the combination of the Konica Minolta Accurio KM-1 & C71cf presses with the JETvarnish 3D Evolution and W postpress systems created a wave of attendee interest that generated many new orders.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free