Database Publishing Becomes a Cloud-based Service with Pagination.com
Tuesday, June 07, 2016
Press release from the issuing company
At PePcon in San Diego, Pagination.com will present its new, lean approach to database publishing and introduce its automated publishing solutions-as-a-service (SaaS) to the U.S. market.
Database publishing is a time-consuming struggle for graphic designers, marketing managers, and printers. Now, Pagination.com has developed a cloud-based system that utilizes a structure of shared folders to transform data into fully paginated documents in a few minutes. The workflow is agile: Upload the layout template, data, and images, and then download the finished document as a PDF or InDesign file.
Pagination.com's approach is new and compelling in the database publishing field dominated by in-house solutions. It resolves the three main inefficiencies of data publishing (data preparation, complex field mapping, and resource-intensive publication cycles) and offers a new set of advantages and innovations:
- User friendliness: Little training is required to use the system.
- Any data: The service can process data from any source (e.g., Excel, Access, SQL, XML, Magento).
- Automatic updating: Update finished documents by uploading data or images to the cloud folders.
- High performance: Automatic updates of InDesign reduce the need to reopen finished documents, increasing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Anywhere, any time: The cloud-based system of shared folders is accessible from anywhere at any time.
- Less time, lower costs: The time needed to publish a document is reduced from days to minutes.
- Wide customization: Wide personalization is enabled in layout and file formats.
- Multi-channel strategy: Finished documents are ready for print, online, and mobile devices.
Pagination.com will present its cloud-based solutions at PePcon: The Print + ePublishing Conference in San Diego June 5–8, 2016. The conference brings together the world's top publishing experts and Adobe engineers and developers, who will have the opportunity to see how the Pagination.com system works during the Pagination Breakfast Session (Tuesday, June 7, 8:15–8:45 a.m.). Adobe Certified Instructor James Wamser from Ripon Printers has tested the system and written an enthusiastic review on InDesignsecrets.com.
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free